General Texting on SG7+

1. Ssaz7

Ssaz7 New Member

Hi, I just got my SG7+ yesterday and am loving it. I am wondering if anyone has found a good app to allow you to text via the tablet.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Google voice works great for texting on wifi.
    JediPig likes this.
  3. PatyCake

PatyCake Well-Known Member

I downloaded MYSMS for my smartphone because of the ability to download the PC and Tablet app. It syncs your texts between your phone and tablet, so you can text on your tablet
  4. JakeSteel77

JakeSteel77 New Member

JediPig likes this.
  5. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member

Google voice works great. It allows you to stay synced on whatever device you use. I can text from my phone and finish a conversation on my galaxy tab. Also you can use Google voice on. The PC and never miss a text again.
  6. Brazilian

Brazilian Member

i believe go sms can text on wifi now
  7. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

Be aware of course that even with the paid apps, text messaging via the internet isnt quite a reliable as regular SMS, but it is definitely better than nothing.
  8. 2ndaccord

Actually I get messages faster on my tablet than on my phone. My phone will get messages about 7 seconds after my tablet receives them using Google voice. No issues as long as I have WiFi available.
  9. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

I didn't say fast, I said reliable. There are redundancies built-in with SMS, and usually a guaranteed level of service. Generally, messages via Over The Top/IM services that are dropped are simply dropped.

For example, a couple of studies on this:
    See also Networked Digital Technologies: Third International Conference, NDT 20111 ... - Simon Fong - Google Books
    and
    US Research by Acision Shows SMS Is Still the King of Messaging With Speed, Reach and Reliability Named as Key Reasons for Usage Over Alternative Services - MarketWatch
  10. 2ndaccord

I don't have any issues at all with Google voice on my tab. Actually it works better because sometimes messages will fail on my phone because it is constantly searching for a signal in my area. Also the wifi is weak on myphone. On the tab i keep a strong wifi signal so my messages go through without a hitch. Also since it is a Google app it always stays synced with Google so my messages are always up to date on any mean which i use. I can also check and send messages from my computer as well.