Texting picture problems

Last Updated: 2010-03-22 19:16:57
  1. oaksld

oaksld Member

My wife and I both have HTC Hero's (Sprint) and recently have been having problems sending and receiving pictures in our text (from each other as well as other people) If I send a picture to her, her phone will vibrate and the notification light will blink, but nothing will show up... NOW.. if I send a second picture the first one will show up on her phone, and if I send a third, the second one shows up and on and on.... It happens the same way if she tries to send me a picture. The phones worked fine when we bought them in December. This problem has just started in the last month... was just curious if anybody else has had this issue and if there is a fix for it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Feel lucky that you can open pictures at all. Many of us get a useless download button. I can tell you from my MMS issue that a hard reset back to factory settings temporarily fixed the problem, but after a month I could no longer open pics again. I either have people email the pictures or go to the sprint picture mail website to view them. Hopefully the 2.1 update fixes all of the messaging issues.
  3. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

You have to be on 3g service in order to download Picture Mail (from my experience anyway). If you are on 1X, roam, or WiFi, it will not download the pic.