Texting Post 2.1 OTAGeneral

Last Updated:

1. telltime

telltime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this has been address already, apoligies up front. I searched but didn't see it so if the answer is there, it's buried deep...

Since I "accepted" the upgrade last sunday (the 16th), I've noticed whenever I send a text I get a quick vibration and a notice in the status bar that the message was sent successfully. Used to be I only got a notice if the message failed (like when I had a poor signal) and then I could re-send when my signal improved...

I, personally, find this "message sent successfully" a bit annoying. I looked and looked in the settings, but can't seem to locate where to change this. Can someone help, or am I stuck with this?

And, please, if you prefer this new way, let's just agree to disagree right off the bat. You may like it, but I just prefer the "old" way.

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

use chompsms. it doesnt do that.

3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Settings, Received notification-uncheck

telltime likes this.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Menu, All Messages if you are not already there.

Menu->Settings. Turn off "Sent notification" under the section "Sent messages". That should gray out the option to vibrate as well.

telltime likes this.
  5. ssgtob1

ssgtob1 Well-Known Member

I fixed this by going into messages>menu key>settings and then unchecking delivery reports, unchecking and then re-checking auto-retrieve, and then checking and unchecking sent notification. I dont know which one fixed it, but it has worked on like 3 phones now.

6. telltime

telltime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, all. I figured it was something simple. I was looking at settings for the phone, and then under just one message (using Sense made me "forget" to go to all messages!).

REALLY appreciate all your help!!