texting problem - not receiving texts properly

1. anniemarie42

anniemarie42 New Member

hi, so, i've been having a lot of texting problems with my droid 2 global. most of them have been solved (thanks to android forums! :)) but theres one thats still bugging me..

every now and then, I'll just randomly stop getting texts. It happened once about a month ago, and then again today. At first i just thought the people i was texting were all ignoring me, but then after a while they all just came in at once. and any text messages i had sent during that time were apparently not received..

is this a problem with my phone or just the service in general? its really irritating because it always seems to happen when i'm trying to make plans.. :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

It could be your signal or lack thereof. Or it could be that your radio/data connection is turned off, by inadvertently going into Airplane mode or you turn off data sync.

As a general rule though, like any computer, the phone needs to be turned off all the way and restarted to reload the system. I usually hit the alt + up arrow (key above the alt key) + the Del key (slide out keyboard) to reboot my phone when it acts up.
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

also, try a *228 and update your roaming capabilities