• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting Problems while charging

kyleonfire

Apr 1, 2010
About a week ago I noticed a problem with texting while the phone was charging. I would go to type a text on the touch screen and it would try to put a period after every single word. When its not doing that its double and triple tapping letter so instead of typing "What" it'll be "whaaaatt". Is this a known issue? If it is will it be fixed with Android 2.1?
Thanks

I have been having the same issue. Was about to post my own thread but I'll bumb here:)

Whenever my phone is charging, I can't text without it putting random characters in place. Sometimes it doesn't even put anything because (as I can see it bring forward the character it "thinks" I'm hitting) it is going all over the keypad. I want 'W', it puts in 'A' 'T' 'Z' and about 2 '?'s

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones