Texting to large groupsGeneral

1. Unleashed

Unleashed Member

Hi guy,

Is it possible to send texts to everyone on your contact list?

I tried typing "all" - which turned to 255 - and it seems no one got the text.

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You can, if you are willing to enter each one individually ... but there may a Market apps that has an eaiser way ...
  3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Just in case you were wondering, it turned into 255 because those are the numbers that correspond to those letters on the keypad. 2=ABC and 5 =JKL so when you typed in "ALL" it thought you were trying to enter a phone number manually since nobody in your contact list is named or start their first or last name with"All".

Like JJ said, it won't let you send to a large group without entering each name seperately. My guess is that they errered on the side of caution by disallowing mass SMS ---not everyone has an unlimited text plan, and the charges could rack up very quickly.
  4. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

i think your after text easy. its on the market and free
  5. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Yoko cosplay!!! =O

You forgot Nia! >_>

---EDIT---
    It got deleted...lol
  6. WindEnergy7

WindEnergy7 Active Member

I have a similar problem. I have a large list of people who are not in my phone contact list. I have a CRM system with my customers, can't and don't want all those names in my phone datadase or contact list on my gmail.

I want to just take that list of numbers, maybe names, and create a single text message, send to them all at once. What app can do that? Like import a text list or paste a text list and BAM!

Any Ideas?

Sprint, Samsung, Galaxy S 4G