Texting to large groupsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Unleashed

Unleashed Member

Hi guy,

Is it possible to send texts to everyone on your contact list?

I tried typing "all" - which turned to 255 - and it seems no one got the text.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You can, if you are willing to enter each one individually ... but there may a Market apps that has an eaiser way ...
  3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Just in case you were wondering, it turned into 255 because those are the numbers that correspond to those letters on the keypad. 2=ABC and 5 =JKL so when you typed in "ALL" it thought you were trying to enter a phone number manually since nobody in your contact list is named or start their first or last name with"All".

Like JJ said, it won't let you send to a large group without entering each name seperately. My guess is that they errered on the side of caution by disallowing mass SMS ---not everyone has an unlimited text plan, and the charges could rack up very quickly.
  4. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

i think your after text easy. its on the market and free
  5. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Yoko cosplay!!! =O

You forgot Nia! >_>

---EDIT---
    It got deleted...lol
  6. WindEnergy7

WindEnergy7 Active Member

I have a similar problem. I have a large list of people who are not in my phone contact list. I have a CRM system with my customers, can't and don't want all those names in my phone datadase or contact list on my gmail.

I want to just take that list of numbers, maybe names, and create a single text message, send to them all at once. What app can do that? Like import a text list or paste a text list and BAM!

Any Ideas?

Sprint, Samsung, Galaxy S 4G