• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting Troubles

reinbeau

Klaatu barada nikto
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Suddenly I am unable to send texts. It's worked fine up until Saturday. The little icon sits there sending...sending....sending....I've tried the native app and GO SMS, neither one will send. I can get texts, however. I'm also not getting any notifications of incoming texts, although I do receive them. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Have you gone into sms settings to confirm the message setting # is in there and correct?
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to 'set' or 'confirm' here?

Now when I try to send I get an error Sorry! The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close. :::sigh:::

Upvote 0
Are you still on Assonance? Maybe this is a good time to upgrade to Serendipity. Maybe all that changing and resetting will clear this issue too.
Yup, that's what I'm thinking - then again, I'm having trouble with another app, Runkeeper, and the update that I installed, coincidentally on the 6th (when my texting problems started), may have something to do with it. I'm waiting to see what the developers over there do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones