• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Textra not recognizing specific Contact notification sounds.

Walle

Lurker
Sep 2, 2016
I'm having an issue w/ Textra... which I loved on my GS4. However, It's now doing something different on my G5 (may be due to Marshmellow VS Lolipop on my GS4). I have specific notification sounds for specific Contacts. When Textra is the default app, with notifications on (Sound & notification > Apps > Allow Notifications), the only notification sound that is played is what's assigned as the Notification setting on Textra. It no longer will play the specific Notification sound assigned to a contact in Contacts. The only way I can get the specific notification sound to play is by making my original texting app the Default texting app. With Textra as the default texting app, I can either get the same notification sound for every contact or turn it off and get nothing at all.

I compared the settings on my G5 Textra to those that are on my GS4. Though the interface is slightly different due to different versions, pretty much all of the settings were the same on both devices.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones