Texts are cut-off

Last Updated:

1. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know why when I send a text over 160 characters to non verizon people, the message gets cut off, as in it doesnt send the whole message in separate texts, it just sends the first 160 characters, and that's it. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Advertisement
  2. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Type shorter texts or send them as MMS messages if the phone can support that. Essentially you need to send a picture message without a picture attached.

3. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how do i do that? an shouldnt sms just send in more than one message if its long, i dont understand

4. bthoward

It doesn't support multi message. VZW can auto upgrade the message to an MMS on its network but doing that across networks is a little more difficult.

Doesn't look like you get to specify what type of message you want to send like you can on a BB... So I guess we're screwed on that front. Bout the only thing you can do at that point is hope for an app that does it for you.

5. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

when in a message, click the menu, and then click "add a subject", you should message that says "converting to MMS, charges will apply"

I don't know if charges will actually apply (does anyone know? I do have unlimited text/pix texts)

Also I don't know if converting to MMS will fix your problem, but if it does, let me know, as I, too, am curious.

6. bthoward

yes converting to MMS will fix the problem.

7. fitness12

fitness12 New Member

Why can sprint and att do this with no problem?

Just wondering as its a pain when your used to just typing and having your message sent regardless if its over the 160 amount or not.