Texts being sent over and over?General

Last Updated:

1. Strutzone18

Strutzone18 Member This Topic's Starter

I was texting my brother tonight and he said I kept sending the same text over and over. Up to 6 times. The problem is when he let me know this, I had already deleted our entire conversation. Anybody else have this problem?

I haven't had a lot of problems with my phone until the past two months. This is really starting to get on my nerves.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That sometimes can occur as a carrier/tower glitch, not an issue with your device.

The way to test for that is to contact people you know with the same carrier in the same area as where you were using your device when it happened; those issues will affect all phones of your type being served by a particular tower.

Another possibility is that the individual texts may not have been marked by the messaging app as delivered, and would have to be deleted by you in order for them to not be resent.

Also, sometimes we'll see reports of that happening while roaming (traveling from tower coverage to different tower coverage); there will be repetition of signal propagation such as you are experiencing.

If this is not happening on a regular basis, and if you're not roaming when it occurs, you should wait and see if it happens again, complain to Verizon about it.

There is a possibility it's your device and a reboot or live battery pull could cure it. If not, a factory data reset would be the next choice.

If you do perform the reset, be sure to *not* back up your messages, as this will cause the problem to be imported to the reset messaging app. Start completely fresh with everything to avoid transferring the problem from the old to the new. ;)

3. Strutzone18

Strutzone18 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Frisco. Yeah, I did a battery pull and that seemed to take care of the situation. This is the first time it's happened that I know of. Just weird.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Happy to see you've remedied the issue, strutzone (great user name ;)).