Texts not sending to ppl on VerizonGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-09 02:07:22
  1. xViiCoDiin

xViiCoDiin Member

So as of yesterday at around 6pm eastern time my texts sent to friends on Verizon havent been recieved. Ive sent countless messages and have gotten no reply. I sat in a room with 2 other ppl 1 on verizon and 1 on VM and only the person with VM recieved my message. Also i cant recieve any messages from anyone on verizon. But I can send a recieve picture messages to them. Ive restarted my phone, turned it to airplane mode, nothing seems to work. Anyone else having problems?

Advertisement
  2. lurkies

lurkies Member

Actually it is an EVO V issue. I waited on hold for over an hour for the escalated tech support.

I was told they are doing a database upgrade and all the complaints about texting non-virgin mobile phones are coming from EVO V owners. Of course they had me power cycle the phone several times, removing the battery, update profile, etc. none of which worked.

Hopefully they will get it figured out soon, however, I seriously doubt that.

EDIT:

There is a response to multiple complaints on the Virgin Mobile Facebook page regarding the problem:

[​IMG]
    Virgin Mobile USA Hello Kyle, I do apologize you're having issues with your text messaging. We do have a National outage for text messaging; Text Messaging Unable to send/receive SMS, duplicate messages, delayed messages (Intermittent service). Estimated time of repair is 2/12/13 at 11:02:20 CST. Please let us know if you experience issues after the 12th. We're very sorry. ^Lauren S
    nsciucco likes this.