Texts problemSupport

1. superhoops

superhoops Active Member

Hi
    For some reason as of this morning my text messages arent sending or receiving. If i take the battery out and put back in then they send and receive. But then it stops working again. This is on either the stock app or Chomp. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Do you have something running in the backround that's putting it to sleep, or turning off the radio?
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I would try turning off wifi, to see if you can send the text over your carrier's network. Or alternatively, see if you can connect to the Internet when you have this issue.

It may be a network connection issue, and your rebooting the phone is correcting the problem, but just turning wifi off and then back on may be faster.
  4. superhoops

superhoops Active Member

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I think I must have some corruption because the time isnt changing at the top of the screen,and i cant download anything from Play Store- it sticks at 100% and then nothing happens. Also my battery is going down ridiculously fast, I have lost 13% in 15 minutes. Unfortunately I think I am going to have to restore. I have AVG antivirus but am starting to think I have a virus even so

Me and tech aren't doing well at the moment, I had to restore my ipad yesterday as the 3g would not turn on.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Might not be virus it maybe time for a upgrade. Check to see if the box is highlighted. It was one back on jun or july 25-2013
  6. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

If it is a virus it's odd that it would affect both an Android and iPad. That would be a pretty advanced virus.
  7. superhoops

superhoops Active Member

No it says I have the latest available
  8. superhoops

superhoops Active Member

Haha that made me laugh, what i needed , feeling pretty fed up at the moment
  9. superhoops

superhoops Active Member

I just tried to restore using the two methods. Using the menu absolutely nothing happens - using the three button trick the phone just restarts!