texts sending to random peopleSupport

Last Updated:

1. sitlet

sitlet Banned This Topic's Starter

I had this problem three times today already, and its getting annoying. I go into the messages app and click on a person to send a text to. that person's thread opens up, and i can see all the messages to that person. i type the message and click send. a few minutes later, i get a text from a DIFFERENT person, asking me what i was talking about. Apparantly the text gets send to someone else, even though i am SURE i was in the correct thread. i just installed the update the other day, and this never happened before. anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. Sailguy

Sailguy Member

Happened to me too last weekend. Same exact scenario. Anybody know how to solve this?

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned This Topic's Starter

I have to think this has something to do with the update, as i never had this problem before.

I was just playing around with the messaging program, trying to see whats going on. I click on my girlfriend, and it randomly takes me to someone elses thread. everytime i click her thread, it goes to some random persons thread. im going to try and just delete all my threads and see if it solves the problem

4. facemymusic

facemymusic Member

Happened to me, too. I typed a message and pressed send in my boyfriend's thread, and it was sent to my DAD. It was not cool. I don't text my dad often so he would have been at the bottom of the list of all my threads, so I not like I could've accidentally select his thread instead of my boyfriend's.

This needs to be fixed, because I'm almost scared to send texts now.

5. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Damn. That is NOT cool at all, lol. I am always VERY careful before sending texts and making sure they go to the right person. Have not had it happen yet or if it has, the wrong person never sent any text back saying anything.

6. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I don't think its Android or Evo specific. I've had friends send me texts accidentally that were meant for others before.

7. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned

Oh its definitly evo or Android. Did it to me numerous times. For some reason its putting our last thread first, but the name doesn't change. So u think Ur replying back to the new text but Ur actually replying back to the oldest thread convo... and also, wen I goto to messages sometimes for the first 3 seconds it doesn't show the name, Jus the number.

8. facemymusic

facemymusic Member

That would explain why it was sent to my dad, 'cause I'm sure he was at the bottom. Is anybody entering the message app from the big widget on the home screen? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

9. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Well-Known Member

This is some extremely scary s@!! Imagine texting the wrong girl the wrong info!! Hope this doesnt apply to using Handcent

10. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

with me its the reverse. I got a few texts from people I don't know.

TS

11. Sailguy

Sailguy Member

I don't think it was the update. It happened to me before the update was applied.

Sailguy