texts sent to wrong peopleSupport

Last Updated:

1. mongrale

mongrale New Member This Topic's Starter

My droid has always had a few problems with messaging, such as texts sending perfectly fine then all of sudden they stop sending in a conversation, but recently i have had multiple texts sent to the wrong people. Anyone have solutions?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Do you have a lot of text messages in the phone?

Get SMS Backup and Restore, make a backup, then delete all of them - and see if this helps alleviate the problem....

The Messaging app usually is set to automatically delete SMS after a certain number, but if you disable that it can grow rather large - and it may be causing problems....

3. mongrale

mongrale New Member This Topic's Starter

no, there was only one thread, but right before i had a problem my phone deleted all of my texts. The deleting thing has happened before, and it deleted locked messages too

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It sounds like you need to make use of SMS backup and Restore, and back up your SMS every month. I have heard of numerous people complaining that their SMS all of a sudden get deleted, and almost every time they have disabled automatic deletion.

It sounds like you overwhelm the system and saving large sets of SMS is killing the phone's memory, until it hiccups and throws everything out and tries to start fresh - but it corrupts the data base as well. Check to see if you can add a new contact and then check from your PC is your Google Account has that new account - if not, it may be that your contact database on the phone is corrupted, and you'll need to make a backup of your contacts in your Google account via the PC, and then delete the account in your phone, and add it in again (I only say making a backup on the PC / Google side b/c if it is messed up on your phone, then any manipulation you do on the phone may corrupt the database on Google - so better to back that up just in case)....

Report back if a new contact works, and we'll go from there.