1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

tf card

1. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

do these cards help the speed of your mid in anyway?

i have a eken moo9f. it seems to stop when challenged for example. trying to watch tv online (tvcatchup.com) when it starts buffering it stops and goes back to the backscreen.

im running it cleaning with no tf card. its either 2 or 4 gb.

Advertisement
  2. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

bump. anyone know yet? if it would help i was thinking of getting a 16gb one
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

2 GB is pretty small for a micro sd/tf card running tv apps. I would not doubt if it's crowded already and is not able to get past a full buffer for multimedia. Are you able to see the remaining capacity in the settings menu?
  4. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

what do you want me to find out and i'll tell you.
  5. Frisco

If the remaining capacity of the card is below about 40% of the full capacity, it's often going to behave as if it is full when streaming media.

A 16 Gb would be recommended. ;)
  6. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

ABOUT DEVICE

MODEL NUMBER: M009f

ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.3

KERNAL VERSION: 2.6.35.7

BUILD NUMBER: GRI40

IN STORAGE

1.04GB FREE

It has a sticker on it that says 4gb. but i cant find any proof of it.
  7. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

it doesnt have a tf card at present its a straight copy. with no extras. it also claims it has 3g but i cant see anywhere to put a sim card.
  8. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

in conclusion, if i bought a tf card i will be able to watch tv online properly and play better games from the market etc. essentially it will improve performance.
  9. Frisco

Is the battery removable? If so, have a look in the battery compartment, it could be beneath the battery or next to it somewhere (the SD/TF card slot, not the SIM card as the SIM card is not for storage).
  10. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

the tf card slot is on the side/edge next to the port for the usb ethernet thing.

i cant see any other removable part. unless you take off the screen itself?
  11. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

im not sure reviews online say it doesnt have 3g , yet why does it have the option for it?
  12. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

13. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

14. brett1982

brett1982 Active Member

bump again