• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TF101 keyboard/dock issue

Good morning all,
Was wondering if anyone has/had any problems with their keyboard/dock failing. I did the firmware update on the 4th and the next day discovered that it had stopped working. All that I see is how much juice is left in the battery- 15%. It won't charge, I cannot type with it, the mousepad does not work, there is no cursor.
I called Asus support who gave me an RMA number and said they would be happy to look at it due to the fact that it is still under warranty. I hate sending it without exploring all my options. I am leaving for England on the 14th and really wanted to take it and the tablet with me.
Anyone have any suggestions?:(

Try to do the software update again- without the dock attached.

Then try it with the dock attached. There is actually a separate update for the dock, but depends on which version you have on the dock.

If that doesn't work, I would try powering the tablet totally off, take it off the dock, power it up, power it down, attach, power back up. (Might reset something.?)

Upvote 0
I actually did ring, we had a long conversation about how he thought it was a hardware problem and it was just hard luck and me insisting it wasn't hardware. It had only surfaced after the last update and the dock still charged if it was attached to the dock and the charger was attached. Eventually he said he would have to 'escalate' it and I would get a callback in 48 hours. That was about two weeks ago

I think it's obvious now he was fobbing me off.

Upvote 0
I've had my Dock now for about 2 months, at first I didn't have any of the problems i've been reading about with the battery. About 2 weeks ago it started to just disconnect itself, sometimes pushing the tablet into the dock harder and it would reconnect, sometimes that didn't do anything, i noticed it happened mostly if i push the hinge back too far.
today i noticed that the tablet was saying the dock was connected in the notification bar on the bottom right, and its showing that it is being charged, but the keyboard isn't working, and the mouse isn't working, I assume that this is a hardware issue, but i am wondering if anyone has had the same issues and have been able to solve it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones