• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tf101 stuck on Asus screen

xsputnikx

Lurker
Oct 8, 2012
I decided to try out jelly been on my transformer last night. Up till this point I left my tablet alone so it had the latest firmware update from Asus factory firmware.

I got it rooted installed su and cwm 6.xxx but then was having trouble accessing E: when trying to create backup it says cannot access SD card

I had read online someone who was having similar issue said to wipe data factory reset from cwm to fix I attempted this and here is where the problem started. Tried a couple times and it just seemed to just hang up. Then it dawned on me if cwm can't access the storage then how is it going to wipe data and factory reset so

Finally I went to sleep and left it on that step to see if it was just taking longer when I woke up it was still at the same screen.
Now when I try to boot it simply stays at the screen with the flashing circle and Asus in gold lettering.

I found a couple of different programs that claim to flash from PC and I downloaded the latest firmware from Asus but seemed to have no luck.

I've done several Android phones over the years so I somewhat know what I'm doing but I'm still novice at some things can anyone help?

try flashing a diff custom rom or even returning to stock and starting over......check out the all things root guide stickied at the top of the forum. u also may need to reformat and partition your sd card...it may have become corrupt.........that would be the most likely reason cwm could not recognize it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones