tfCard No Permission problem

Last Updated:

1. DieselPwr

DieselPwr New Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys n gals, i'm a newbie in this forum. also a new user of the HERO....i like the phone quite alot. but there's on problem. after plugging in the 8GB tfCard fm. a Nokia donor. it has problems accessing it. like Camera, it would say "no permission" or something, so i cant take photo's. but if u mount it again then problem would go away. then would come again. its driving me nuts....

any solutions? thanks in advance and looking forward to your response...

Advertisement
  2. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Don't understand your question?!?

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome!

Have you tried reformatting the card in-phone? Go to Settings - SD card & phone storage - Unmount... then select Format SD card. Obviously this will destroy any data already on the card so backup anything important first.

4. DieselPwr

DieselPwr New Member This Topic's Starter

hi Petergdakin, my question is. i'm asking for a solution to my problem. as i've said above. i'm using a microSD card 8GB (class2) coming fm. a Nokia phone. i know the card is usable in that phone and has no problem reading/writing. but in the HERO, at first mount it would be able to perform normal operation too. save photo's, access photo's , music and etc. however after sometime (say 15min or more) of inactivity. invoking the camera again would show an Error Message. saying , i don't have Permission to access the card..... and i can't even UnMount it anymore as it seemed to have died altogether...

but removing it physically and remounting it would only partially solve the problem. so this cycle just goes on and on. its sort of like an intermittent problem. that once the phone goes into power saving mode (dunno if applicable to use the term for a phone)...it would not recognize the microSD card again....

anyway have tried a friend's 8GB Kingston card (class4) shows good result.... so has anyone experienced this? any proposed solution?