• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thank God..Finally a good golf GPS app..

I was just golfing Sunday morning out of state and at no point during the morning did I say to myself 'Gee, sure wish I had an app on my mobile phone that would map this course using GPS and I would be willing to pay up to $30USD for it'

In fact, if you are buying this you are missing the point of golfing to begin with.

Seems like you are..the course I was playing this weekend is poorly marked and it worked out great plus I like keeping my stats during the round. Just because you don't have $30 to spend on a golf GPS doesn't mean everyone else couldn't find the info useful to make the decision for themselves.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Golf Card Pro works great for me for $10, can't beat that:D

I loved it till they made the changes to it. None of the courses were mapped after the update so I had to map the courses I knew but I found it tough to map out a course that you had never played before and really could tell which hole was which. It was a great app for me but I just got frustrated with none of the courses already being mapped.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I loved it till they made the changes to it. None of the courses were mapped after the update so I had to map the courses I knew but I found it tough to map out a course that you had never played before and really could tell which hole was which. It was a great app for me but I just got frustrated with none of the courses already being mapped.

That's the only downfall right now with mapping a new course. If you have not played the course you might be screwed!

But how do think oob golf got their large database for courses? Us, the users of the application, IPhone and Android users mapped the courses. I believe by next year, the database for Golf Card Pro will be right back to where it was with Oob. Just takes a little time. For $10, I can download as many courses as I want, which is a plus

Upvote 0
That's the only downfall right now with mapping a new course. If you have not played the course you might be screwed!

But how do think oob golf got their large database for courses? Us, the users of the application, IPhone and Android users mapped the courses. I believe by next year, the database for Golf Card Pro will be right back to where it was with Oob. Just takes a little time. For $10, I can download as many courses as I want, which is a plus

I agree...I know the users did it for oob but I just couldn't find anything that I was playing in the Pinehurst area on our trip a month ago and just couldn't map them myself..just wasn't familiar with them enough. It will eventually come back I guess but I had used Golfshot on the iPhone and really liked it so I was glad to see it. I see that oob is making a app for android. Its already out for iphone. I still upload my scores to oob so I might give it a try when it comes out..I think its supposed to be a $1.99..good price!

Upvote 0
I agree...I know the users did it for oob but I just couldn't find anything that I was playing in the Pinehurst area on our trip a month ago and just couldn't map them myself..just wasn't familiar with them enough. It will eventually come back I guess but I had used Golfshot on the iPhone and really liked it so I was glad to see it. I see that oob is making a app for android. Its already out for iphone. I still upload my scores to oob so I might give it a try when it comes out..I think its supposed to be a $1.99..good price!

So after you played the courses in Pinehurst, did you map them for me? LOL:D
Going down next spring

Upvote 0
Like you said about mapping courses, it can be a pain but I got all the courses in Columbus, OH I need mapped. I probably won't try anything new now, especially since the courses are marked better than they ever were before

Don't blame you but I think I'm gonna try that Birdi Golf Range finder since its free and it seems like a great idea.

Upvote 0
Just digged this thread back up. The oobgolf app may just cost $0.99 or $1.99, but... for the rangefinder to work you will need to pay another $20 per year to become an "Addict" member on oobgolf. In addition, it won't keep stableford scores which are the backbone to the EGA handicapping system in Europe. Not good for European users.

I'm now using golfshot. Great app, needs some getting used to but provides everything I need (except for chips - which is an important stat if you want to get quality information from your short game!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones