• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thank God for nandroid!

Well, I had actually removed 3 different programs and one of them was causing the force close. I'm almost positive it was the calender storage one. Same problem that everyone else was having when they got the error. Problem is when i cleared the data and everything else like their posts said to do, i still got the error. So i had to run the backup. Not a big deal, it's just the first time i've ever messed anything up while playing around and i always start with a nandroid and end with one. Making them at different points along the way if i think what i'm about to do can be dangerous... I.E. removing the calender after reading about FC's.

Upvote 0
for some reason i think nandroid screws up your gmail??? i just restored a nandroid and gmail doesn't work correctly anymore. still receives gmail but cannot reply (stuck on sending...) and when i read it or delete it from my phone, it still appears on the computer when i log in....sooooo yah

Upvote 0
I just want to say thank god for nandroid:):):) Not sure exactly what happened, went into terminal emulator and wanted to turn off jit (I'm running cSrOm 2.1.2) to see if there was any difference. Did not see a huge difference so I turned jit back on. In the terminal emulator (still shaking, scared myself):thinking: it asked about davlik cache on sd card and I hit yes. :thinking:Everything started to force close, could not open anything. So I tried to reboot phone and it got stuck on HTC screen. Did not do a thing:eek: So I pulled battery, volume down, red power button and then booted into recovery. Picked the nandroid (which was cSrOm 2.1.2) and the damn phone rebooted:eek: So happy right now I could just shit!!!!! Glad I did all that research on rooting with the help of all you guys here at the android forums, I freaked out for a couple of minutes and now everything back to normal:rolleyes: So again, THANK YOU NANDROID:):):)

Upvote 0
Does Nandroid restore application databases, i.e. GroceryIQ? I was thinking about trying out the Froyo beta ROM for my Hero but didn't want to wipe and then find out I couldn't go back, with a nandroid restore, to my GroceryIQ and have all the items I added.

If so....Amen!!

The only problem i've experienced with nandroid is that you have to play with bluetooth after restoring to get your headset recognized again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones