• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thank you dolphin browser update

acp

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
The browser lag today made me want to smash my phone (obv exaggeration, but you get the point)...so, I decided to check to see if maybe there was an update waiting for me in the Market and sure enough after updating the browser it is on fire again. So, if you haven't updated yet today, make sure to do so.

Does Dolphin resize the columns of text to match your zoom level like the stock browser does? In my opinion, that is the best feature of the stock browser, and I would miss it so much if it were gone.

Yes it does. It was too slow for my liking so I disabled it but it works. I especially like the long press on the back button to bring up the exit menu. Anyone else notice that if you're signed in to google's home page, it gives you recent searches that were made on your pc?

Upvote 0
Is there any way I can import my bookmarks from the default browser into dolphin?

I don't think there's a direct way, but, since Dolphin will open bookmarks made by the stock browser, just save a shortcut to those bookmarks to the Home Screen somewhere (I put them all in a folder), then you can open each of them using Dolphin and save them as Dolphin bookmarks.

When you make new Dolphin bookmarks, you can place them on the homescreen by long-pressing on an empty spot, then selecting "Shortcut," then "MgeekBookmark..."

jd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones