Thank You everyone!!!

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you to everyone who posted links and helpful information about the 2.2 update. I now have my Droid X running Froyo and rooted!!!

Chrome to phone works great
    Flash works great
    Everything seems snappier
    Bloatware frozen again

Thank you everyone!!

Advertisement
    lilcal70 likes this.
  2. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

i have a bone stock droid x. is this official 2.2 leak? i want do to the update but i'm scared. i do not have a computer so what steps would i need to accomplish installing the lean? and is it worth the risk?
    thanks
    carl

3. lilcal70

i have a bone stock droid x. is this official 2.2 leak? i want do to the update but i'm scared. i do not have a computer so what steps would i need to accomplish installing the lean? and is it worth the risk?
    thanks
    carl

4. chrlswltrs

Very easy, and well worth it. Follow the steps here:
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/154240-how-installing-froyo-2-2-a.html

Take a look at some of the other threads to see all the improvements, but my only real complaint with the phone when I got it was speaker volume. That is fixed when you update to 2.2

This is not the "official" update, but I have not personally found any problems with it at all yet, a few other people are having minor problems. If anything is changed when the OTA comes out you will still get the OTA automatically

lilcal70 and labeledbass like this.
  5. lilcal70

thanks very much i appreciate it. so what your saying is that i can get this leak and also get the ota when it comes out? thanks for the response.

6. chrlswltrs

yes

lilcal70 likes this.
  7. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

+1

This forum is great and has a lot of friendly people ready to offer help all the time. Thank you everyone :)

lilcal70 likes this.
  8. chrlswltrs

That's why I love this place so much and I donated to become a premium member. And I always try to help others when I can to pass on the good will to other android owners.

lilcal70 likes this.
  9. XxXplicit

XxXplicit Active Member

Any idea why people are saying you wont get OTA's pushed to you if you install this?

10. chrlswltrs

I researched this when I had my droid and I was installing a leak to 2.1. There are explanations in the Droid forum somewhere, I forget exactly what it is but it has something to do with the Kernal version that is checked. If there are any changes to the official OTA there will be a different kernal version and your phone will recognize that there is an update. Like I said it has been a while since I researched it myself but if you look around enough you can find the info.

lilcal70 likes this.
  11. XxXplicit

XxXplicit Active Member

I appreciate the info. Looks like I'll dive into this update then.

12. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

You know, I never even thought about the premium membership until now. I definitely spend enough time here and this really has been one of the most helpful forums I've ever been to :)

Man I am loving this update!!!!!

As far as any concerns that anyone WON'T get the official update, here's how I look at it. How many people out there are downloading this update right now? I know it's not official and I understand hesitations...but with developers these days, there will be a way to restore the old settings and get the official if it doesn't have an automatic push to get the "real" update. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it :p lol To each their own though, it's your phone and your decision :cool:

13. chrlswltrs

Unless I find some big problem, which doesn't look likely as I have been playing with my phone almost non stop since I upgraded, I will not download the OTA. I don't want to risk losing root and I seriously doubt there will be much of a difference anyways if any.

lilcal70 likes this.
  14. lilcal70

i'm still scared all i have is my x. how do i save it to the root of the sd card? & also if something goes wrong what can i do? what can go wrong? i appreciate all the help.

15. chrlswltrs

If you are transferring it via PC just put it on the sd card without putting it in a folder.

If you are on your X, use a file explorer (like files that came pre installed), open you download folder, long press the update.zip file, select cut, move back up out of that folder, push menu, then paste (maybe u have to push more first, I use root explorer so I don't remember the exact layout in files).

If you never rooted there is nothing to go wrong. If you are rooted you need to do a little research to undo the changes you have made to your system.

All I have is my X also, so I understand your apprehension. It is really easy though and so worth it.

lilcal70 likes this.
  16. lilcal70

thanks so much. i'm in the of downloading the file and it shows a gameboy advanced next to it? is that okay? do i have to uninstall gameboid lite?

17. chrlswltrs

If you never rooted you do not need to worry about uninstalling anything, it will still be there after you upgrade.

lilcal70 likes this.
  18. lilcal70

okay dude i'm freaked out really bad. i did the update just as the directions said and i rebooted my phone and its been stuck at the moto logo for the past 10 min. now. is this normal?

19. chrlswltrs

That is normal, it takes a while to boot after the update, just give it a little more time

lilcal70 likes this.
  20. lilcal70

okay thanks dude. i've been freaking out lol..it appeared to install just fine & i clicked reboot and i've just been waiting..i've thanked you like 3 times already ha & if this works i'll thank even more..i'm a broke dude in college & i finally got a better phone than my wackberry i just cant afford to eff it up..how long do you think it'll take?

21. chrlswltrs

Normally takes 5-10 min from what I have read, but everytime I upgrade I try not to pay attention because it always seems like it takes Waaaay longer than it actually does. I remember the first time I upgraded my Droid 1 I started getting worried the same way because it was taking so long:)

lilcal70 likes this.
  22. lilcal70

yeah it's still not done..i'm just going to wait it out i guess that's all i can do..if it doesn't change should i pull the battery to reboot? ha i'm glad to know i'm not the only one freaking out lol..i'm still a nervous wreck & it's been over 10min. for sure..

23. chrlswltrs

Just out of curiosity is your phone plugged in? Sometimes it won't startup if it is plugged in. If not I would do a battery pull and try to boot up again.

I just noticed your said it was stuck at the moto logo, that's why I thought about the plug. Usually it blows by that and sits on the eye while it boots for a long time.

Keep me up to date and I'll try to get you through this, if something didn't work right you would have got an error message during install so don't worry about it.

lilcal70 likes this.
  24. lilcal70

no it's not plugged in at all it's just sitting there at the moto logo..i think i'm going to pull the battery & try to boot again..i really hope i didn't destroy my phone :(

25. lilcal70

wooo hoo!!! i did a battery pull & now i have froyo i saw the new unlock screen :) thank you so much for sticking by me dude i appreciate it more than you know..i'm so stoked that it's on & stuff haha thank youy times a million!!