Thank you to Incredible ForumitesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to thank the Dinc Forumites. There have been some changes here with the new guides coming on. Posts have been moved diligently and arguments have been swiftly broken up by me, the other guides and the mods.

The gears seem to be turning smoothly and people are really pulling together to try to make this a fun, safe and informative place to hang out. Thank you Dinc Forumites, thanks to the other guides of the Dinc Forum and to the Mods.

You guys rock.

Sincerely grateful,
    Steven

Advertisement
  2. CaptJager

CaptJager Well-Known Member

No thank you steven....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

someone please move this thread

Valkryn and GrandMasterB like this.
  4. Steven58

OK.. I lol'd. I admit it. :rolleyes: ;)

5. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

ass kisser;)

6. Steven58

BANNED! ;)

Seriously, I was up until 2 and 3 am cleaning this place up. The difference is now there are more guides and the forumites understand where to post. The forum almost runs itself. Almost. ;)

7. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

So what exactly do Guides do. Are they like pseudo-mods without ban powers or thread closing/sticking abilities?

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Well, guides, like the absolutely wonderful and God-like, Steven58, are people who take you back to the HTC Incredible forum in case you get lost in like... the FAQ forum of this site. Steven58 is a guardian angel for all of the people on this forum.

... now that's kiss ass.

Steven58 and Mastermind like this.
  9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

We can sticky but can't lock or ban.

Edit: Steven is my hero. :)

Mastermind and Steven58 like this.
  10. Steven58

Aw gorsh. :eek:

11. Incredible_Nat

Incredible_Nat Well-Known Member

Steven, u been moved up? Cool. Thank you for takin' care of this place, sir. By the way, love your new avatar. U like Mr.Clean or John Locke?

12. Steven58

We are the eyes and ears of the mods. We can warn people to stop fighting/trolling or to stay on topic and they need to comply. The non-compliance of someone like a troll and/or the mockery of a guide is just as bad as messing with a MOD. You don't mess with a guide when he/she is trying to do his job. A MOD has put a person on probation who was challenging to me when I was trying to guide things along.

What I really appreciate about the MODS is that they really stand behind us and help us do our job, backing up our service to the forum with their authority. We work as a team.

Guides can also move threads, stick and unstick them. We are allowed to "trash" entire threads when appropriate.

The Admins, Mods and Guides form a supervisory team which oversees the forum to help keep it running smoothly. This is it to the best of my understanding. I have not been a Guide for very long so I apologize if my understanding is limited. I invite the MODS or ADMINS to fill in any gaps I may have missed.

Steven

Mastermind likes this.
  13. Steven58

Thanks Nat! The avatar comes from a joke we had when I first became a guide. I started moving stuff and cleaning up by myself. Goat was asking why stuff was moving. I explained my purpose, which was to clean the place up and musky (i believe) said I should change my avatar to Mr. Clean. So, I did! I'm not sure I'm going to keep it, though. It's too overbearing. It's fun but it's not me.

14. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Hey wait a sec, the Mr. Clean thing was my suggestion! ;) and truth be told Steven you are making a huge impact, I'm just trying to follow in the path your paving!

And yes thank you to all the dinc forumians? Forumites? Anyways thanks to all contribute day in and day out
    And welcome to those who are just joining and to the lurkers, what are you waiting for? Get in the game!

Double post courtesy of my inc!

Steven58 likes this.