Thank you Virgin Mobile

1. Watagump

Watagump Well-Known Member

For sending me a text at 3:30 in the morning saying my bill is due in 10 days. I wasn't busy doing anything except SLEEPING. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
    :
  2. kidryancorn

kidryancorn New Member

This has happened to me too...very annoying.
  3. Watagump

Been with them since Dec, its the first time.
  4. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

The automated messages are trolling you buddy. :p
  5. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Yeah apparently the last week until your bill is due they like to text you 3 times out of the week to tell you your bill is due. They even email me that too. Kinda annoying
  6. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

I get two or three messages about my bill coming due and I pay automatically with a credit card. How stupid is that?! :rolleyes:
  7. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

They're just trying to spare you the guilt of forgetting to pay them. They'd absolutely hate it if you didn't pay them and felt guilty!

Of course, they'd hate it even if you didn't feel guilty. ;)
  8. Watagump

I am on the auto pay setup, they just take it each month. That makes getting this text even more weird.
  9. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

But that's just it, they don't want you to forget and not have enough balance on your credit/debit/paypal for the charge to go through. ;)
  10. Watagump

They should feel guilty about waking me up, that's it, I am writing to Congress. :D
  11. tcross8361

tcross8361 Well-Known Member

I get them 2 weeks out.
  12. vmforlife

vmforlife Well-Known Member

Never have this problem. PROBABLY BECAUSE I TURN MY CELL PHONES OFF AT NIGHT?
    Just a guess.
  13. SuperAfnan

What if there is an emergency? :rolleyes:
  14. ragnarkar

ragnarkar Well-Known Member

And yet, I still refused to pay when my phone broke and they still haven't sent me a replacement phone in over a week. No sense in restarting service when you don't got a working phone to use. I finally restarted when I received my replacement a few days ago...
  15. batvette

batvette Well-Known Member

Like what, the President of the United States seeks your input on an important policy matter affecting millions?
    You're needed to perform life saving emergency surgery... on a famous celebrity's pet?

A booty call?

Okay that's an emergency we all can recognize.
  16. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

17. Watagump

You sound like the CSR I spoke to, without the accent. She told me to turn my phone off at night. Well, this didn't happen till recently, she tells me its a system message and nothing can be done. I call BS, they can make their system change the times it sends out these notifications.
  18. Austrie

CSR tend to claim they have no power even when they do.
  19. m-cman

m-cman Well-Known Member

I think that is because they have no clue what is going on... :rolleyes:
  20. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Call me crazy, but SMS messages don't signify emergency to me :p Usually a phone call does.

so I could turn the alert off for texts, and still have the phone ring if needed.

I do understand how that can be annoying though. Virgin Mobile has taken over the role of drunk friend texting you at 3am. :p
  21. SuperAfnan

What if someone you love is in danger? :rolleyes:
  22. Austrie

Block their number during certain hours using a app off the play store, or just block their number in completely.
  23. SuperAfnan

What if the tooth fairy wants to call you. :p
  24. batvette

batvette Well-Known Member

Well there's just one person in that category, and when
    I'm in danger I call myself.

(I understand your point but most "emergencies" and "danger" that come into my mind are the kind of thing fire and police depts are far better equipped to handle. Okay so you're daughter's on a date and the guy won't keep his hands off her. That kind of thing? Tell her to be sure he has a trust fund. Or your three year old left through the kitchen door you left open coming home late from the bar and got hit by a semi as he wandered across the highway- and they need you to ID the body. Like that?)
  25. SuperAfnan

Yeah kinda sorta.