Thank You!General

1. Scotts Droid

Scotts Droid Member

Hello,
    First post here, though I have been looking/lurking around Phandroid since buying into the original Droid over 4 years ago.
    This post, and my joining up, was mostly to thank Thom and some of the others who help out with questions (from others) and opinions regarding devices. I have purchased devices based on things I have read and learned here.
    My last device was a Bionic I bought a little over 2 years ago. Coming from the original Droid it was amazing. I really liked the device especially after the JB upgrade and had no reason to want something different. A couple of weeks ago the speaker in the Bionic stopped working and then started working a day later. That lasted about a week and then it stopped working once more. I did call Motorola and they ran some checks and had me do some things with the phone but they really had no idea what was wrong with it.
    Based on Thom's recommendation from the Bionic forum I had already been researching the Maxx and bought one a little over a week ago. Great device and I do expect I will have it for a while.

Again, thank you Thom and others who unknowingly helped a brother out!

Scott :)

Advertisement
    :
    teddyearp, Thom and scary alien like this.
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad it is working out for you. I got the Maxx the first hour it was out and it is simply astonishing to me.

... Thom
    scary alien and Scotts Droid like this.
  3. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Welcome and I agree with Thom. I also got a Bionic on release day and it was still working great when I retired it on Maxx release day. I have been absolute amazed by the Maxx and the range of features and it will only get better. Great choice.
    Lew
    scary alien likes this.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

*sigh* I do miss Motorola, just wish they'd put out another phone as open as the A855 . . . . hating their locked bootloader and hating their "You can buy a developer edition phone" even more. . . .
  5. belledee

belledee Well-Known Member

check this tread out, since you are within the 14 day period assuming you bought the phone at the subsidized price

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=783943
  6. Scotts Droid

Scotts Droid Member

Thanks for the heads up. Just back in town to see the post about the $100 off so I have missed out. Shhhhhoooot!