thanks everybodySupport

Last Updated:

1. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member This Topic's Starter

i've been lurking here for about 3 weeks now, eagerly anticipating my DI. lots of great information, and a few pretty good flamewars.

i finally got it yesterday and i'm slowly figuring it out today. coming from a Blackberry that i never used for anything other than email, and i'm also trying to get rid of my iPod in the process.

overall it seems that everything works great. but i'm a noob, and there's some basic stuff i just can't figure out, as i'm generally not an early adopter.

i have a POP email account and a gmail account. it makes no sense to keep both the HTC mail app and the Gmail app running, but Gmail updates more like a real push. and is there one overarching app that would connect my email accounts, texts, and gTalk so i don't have to keep all of them on the home screen?

i'm primarily an Apple user, and i've got 160gb of music in my iTunes. since i could never get my entire music collection onto an iPod, i've used an 8gb version and just switch everything out. uploaded some stuff to the DI today and it was really slow. now i was just copying folders. is there a faster way, and a better interface? i haven't mounted an SD card yet. once i do, will this upload rate get even slower?

lastly, how can i change my location? Google Maps puts me about 10 blocks away, which here in NYC is like saying i live in Siberia.

thanks!

Advertisement