• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for ruining my wifi Gingerbread

bennylava

Aug 20, 2011
I have a samsung captivate model SGH-I897. But I have ATT so they call it the Galaxy S. So Kies mini finally got the 2.3.5 Gingerbread update, and I went ahead and used it to update from 2.2 Froyo. Immediately afterwards, my wifi ceases to function entirely. I'm sure many others have had the same problem.

So I guess I need to roll back to 2.2. How can I do that in android? Isn't there a way to do that without having to go through all the hassle of using Odin and going and finding 2.2 somewhere?

I have a samsung captivate model SGH-I897. But I have ATT so they call it the Galaxy S. So Kies mini finally got the 2.3.5 Gingerbread update, and I went ahead and used it to update from 2.2 Froyo. Immediately afterwards, my wifi ceases to function entirely. I'm sure many others have had the same problem.

So I guess I need to roll back to 2.2. How can I do that in android? Isn't there a way to do that without having to go through all the hassle of using Odin and going and finding 2.2 somewhere?

There might be some answers in the All Things Root tab.

I'm not 100 percent sure (AKA too lazy to check specifics), but I feel like quite a few people have already asked and discussed how to revert back to 2.2 on Captivate because the official Gingerbread update was unsatisfactory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones