Thanks for the help! xtrROM ?

Last Updated:

1. txeris

txeris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm rooted via the 'rooting for dummies' for two days now. I've had my eris since this spring and was happy until recently my OTA2.1 dialer lag was infuriating.

Rooted, started with PlainJaneT2. SO MUCH BETTER! Now using latest xtrROM. EVEN BETTER (imo)! Tempted to try KaosFroyo but there's no browser flash yet? I'll play with xtrROM for awhile longer.

My question - do you use setcpu w/ xtrROM. I know it's OC'ed from the get-go (235-710 or something) but I heard 528-604 is the sweet spot for the eris. Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SplicedX

SplicedX Well-Known Member

Every eris is different. I run mine at 748max 160min and i only have one profile set(screen off 480max 122min). are you using the latest version, 4.0.6.1?

3. txeris

Yes, and I've just discovered Launcher Pro. Pretty nice.

4. SplicedX

check the developers web site for Launcher and you can find new images for the dock at the bottom of the screen. I just found those the other day.

5. harmor

harmor Active Member

I don't know about KaosFroyo v31 but I had v29 installed with multiple profiles on setCPU and the battery life wasn't that great.

6. cmerrtt

cmerrtt Well-Known Member

Can you direct us to the new images for the dock?

7. SplicedX

Go to launcherpro.com then go to the forum section and click on Theming and Customization. From there, click on the topic titled "Share your custom dock backgrounds!" There are quite a few throughout the thread.

8. Nick021

Nick021 Well-Known Member

double post..

9. Nick021

Nick021 Well-Known Member

does the xtrROM have any themes like you can do with the froyo, and white widow ROM's?

10. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

Personally, I ran the gscript to put the cpu clocking back to stock and don't use setcpu. I feel xtrROM is built well enough to run stock cpu settings without seeing much degradation in speed from a 710 oc. I'll also add that my battery life has improved after removing setcpu, despite having made many tweaks for screen off, etc. setcpu settings.

To each their own, but I run xtrROM with no setcpu and no OC.

KaosFroyo on the other hand is almost unusable on my phone without OC'ing to anything less than 710.

11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

After a lot of testing of xtrROMs, and several others, including every Froyo ROM I could get my hands on, I have been unable to find a need for overclocking in any modern ROM.

By "modern" I mean just about anything developed in the past month or so.

xtrROM 3.03, my default, was born more than a month ago, and it needs no overclocking at all.

I'm now testing the 4.6 Black version of Nonsensikal, a 2.2 Froyo ROM, and it is fast and stable with no overclocking.

I do not even install SetCPU anymore.

12. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

Thats funny because I am now using setCPU to restore stock clock speeds since KAOS is clocked to 710 be default and its just not necessary.

13. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It's not funny, it's a good strategy to get better battery life, etc.

There's another way to avoid a current, overclocked kernel's 710 tweak from affecting your resources, however; no SetCPU needed. ;)

14. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

totally agree, been round and round the barn regarding setcpu. I see an increase in speed at first, but deal with lagginess and other weird issues later.

all of the froyo roms nowadays are fast enough. Tazz 2.0 vanilla is smooth, quick and doesn't need extra help.

still on the fence on task killers. i installed one last night after swearing I would never do it again. the jury is still out on this one.

15. infamousx

infamousx Member

Well if you are using the same version that I am (4.0.6.1) then all you need to do is enable JIT. I don't use SetCPU or any of that, and it is still lightning fast.

16. txeris

Thanks for the input.. I might just run the gscript to return to normal with my v4. No setcpu required.