• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks Handcent! - Oh, I am sooooo embarassed!

TeamPEZ

Feb 28, 2010
Powder Springs, Georgia
So I sent out a text blast this morning to about 10 friends regarding dinner tonite. It was an ordinary quick text, nothing grand to speak of, but I did ask for a head count on who was interested in dinner. One of the recipients on the distribution list was of course, my wife.

I got her response and I decided to get a little um, well you know ... and replied back to her, thinking it was just between she and I. Boy was I ever wrong! The text went to all the people from the original text I sent earlier! Oh the humanity! I did get a lot of interesting replies from our friends, though!

I don't know how I am going to face them at dinner tonite. My wife said she suddenly has a "headache" and may not go!

Let this be a warning to you all ... start a new thread when sending a text to your loved one!!!

Reactions: dpeeps74
Well, since all your friends already know, you mind telling us what you said so we can laugh at..... errrr I mean laugh with you? LOL JK

That's gotta suck, man. I know I've accidentally sent the wrong thing to the wrong person before, and I can usually cover it up somehow like I was just joking, but not to a whole group of people.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think Handcent has a setting to split group threads into separate threads, rather than keeping them all together. Yep, look under 'Send SMS Settings' and it has the option to 'Send as split threads', you'd have to make a new group thread to send something to everyone at the same time, but at least you can't hit reply to all.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think Handcent has a setting to split group threads into separate threads, rather than keeping them all together. Yep, look under 'Send SMS Settings' and it has the option to 'Send as split threads', you'd have to make a new group thread to send something to everyone at the same time, but at least you can't hit reply to all.

That's how I have mine set up.

Upvote 0
SO dinner was a huge hit last night ... my wife and I were there and as my wife and I greeted them, they all pinched my butt and winked at me. Two of them brought over night bags and said they were "ready." One of them brought extra alcohol and said, "Your wife, I don't mind .. but with you - I've got to drink this bottle of wine first." One of them even had the waiter in on it. As she was taking my order, she asked me if she could join the party. The entire evening were full of plenty of hand gestures and motions ... not to mention, many innunedos that I don't think I could share on here.

Oh what a night ...

Upvote 0
So I sent out a text blast this morning to about 10 friends regarding dinner tonite. It was an ordinary quick text, nothing grand to speak of, but I did ask for a head count on who was interested in dinner. One of the recipients on the distribution list was of course, my wife.

I got her response and I decided to get a little um, well you know ... and replied back to her, thinking it was just between she and I. Boy was I ever wrong! The text went to all the people from the original text I sent earlier! Oh the humanity! I did get a lot of interesting replies from our friends, though!

I don't know how I am going to face them at dinner tonite. My wife said she suddenly has a "headache" and may not go!

Let this be a warning to you all ... start a new thread when sending a text to your loved one!!!
I dont even use Handcent anymore, not worth it. I would go back to stock buddy. You wouldnt have had that problem, but thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
I use the split thread thing too, but every now and then, I am in a hurry and accidently tap the wrong thread. Just about 3 months ago I sent a text to my best friend complaining about my boyfriend...... only to find out a half a second too late that I actually sent it to my boyfriend. OMG. Now, I check and double check who's name is at the top of the text box!!! :eek:

Upvote 0
i have to point this out....

your tag says "give me a bad boy", but you complain about him...

reminds of the saying..."be careful of what you ask for; you might get it"

:p :p :D ;)

Yes. Well. I dare you to find any relationship where there are no complaints. LOL. Even little ones, like leaving shoes in the middle of the living room or not rinsing dishes before loading the dishwasher. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones