Thanks

Last Updated:

1. MikeC1408

MikeC1408 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To those people who have given help and advise this last week, you know who you are ;)

The Desire was purchased this morning and the Blackberry will be decomissioned at the weekend once tariffs/bolt ons have been switched.

Now to annoy you all will requests for must have apps, widgets etc :D

Advertisement
  2. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

How about 'tajm' ?

It's a good clock widget that I only found out when looking through the homescreen thread.

3. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

First thing, before you do anything, is to check the software version and make sure there's an RUU available should you ever need to go back to stock...

Go to Settings>About phone>Software information and make a note of the software version. Compared it to this site and get the one that matches:

Shipped ROMs

4. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Root and get a better ROM :D

5. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Handcent
    Folder Organizer
    Angry Birds
    EStrongs File Explorer

Just for starters :D

6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club.
    The apps you use will be specific to your own personal requirements, so I generally don't bother with recommendations because what I use may not suit you. But once you have an idea what you want, then you can ask which is a good app. Instead I suggest what NOT to install, which would be any kind of task killer - you don't need them. Let the Android OS do its thing and leave the system alone as the memory manager in Android is very good and doesn't work as well when task killers get in the way.

Here's a tip to use a built-in app called Testing, using the dialing keypad type *#*#4636#*#* and it will open the app. This is normally used for hardware testing purposes, but the battery info is very handy and is the source info for battery apps or widgets.

And you can recall the last 8 used apps by holding the Menu button for a couple of seconds, like a task switcher, then just tap on the app you want to open it.

anneatkins likes this.