• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

t sport 1978

Jun 21, 2010
London, UK
Well, my ownership of the Excite Pro lasted 23 days.

Yesterday my pro decided to crash during a YouTube stream and upon reboot the battery remains in 0%, no matter if it's on the ac charger or not. After some troubleshooting I decided to factory reset it, that didn't help and I did that twice to no avail.

Interesting thing is that there is clearly a charge in the battery, I managed to test this by streaming a 2 hour movie on YouTube on battery (all the while it said battery 0%).

So I concluded that either the battery is faulty or some kind of logic board break has occurred, either way for a device that is 23 days old I am completely put off and I have exchanged it for a Nexus 7 32gb (2013).

A real shame as the spec of the device is truly amazing for the price, but apart of this fault, the device gets quite hot in use and also the screen used to flicker as it comes to the assigned brightness.

Well, the nexus 7 lasted 1 day. It was suffering from the random screen unresponsiveness due to grounding issue, which I can't be bothered with to wait for a fix.

I am now a proud owner of a surface 2 tablet, which so far so good, is the best tablet that I have used to date.

I have now had tablets on all 3 major eco system, I am going out on a limb here to say that windows has the best flexibility of all 3 just basing on the base OS. Yes, apps are still lacking but I have yet to not find an app for a particular need. Build quality is fantastic and so far, the experience has been excellent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones