• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thats it, Ive had it with battery life issues....

MutantCheese

Android Expert
May 17, 2010
Edge of Insanity
so I deleted all battery monitoring apps and stopped looking at the battery usage info 50 times a day. I did this over one week ago, and couldn't be happier. No more looking at that god awful percentage meter, no more watching in dismay as it drops, and drops, and drops. My battery performance has never been better now that I quite looking at it all day and my sanity has slowly begun to return, slowly....:D

Join me in the no battery watchers club!

+2 My philosphy is use it like it was meant to be used, and when the warning for low battery comes on, stick it in a charger. No need to go crazy watching a hundred different apps because in the end the battery's still going to die, and you're still going to have to throw it on the charger. Might as well spare yourself the hassle :)

Upvote 0
I have a theory about the battery percentage meter, but its hard to differentiate it from a placebo effect.

I believe that you'll get better life if you dont use a percentage meter because with a meter it has to check your battery everytime and report back to you how much battery percent is left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones