THE $10 ADD-ON IS JUST FOR THE 59.99 DATA PLANS, and NOT the 69.99 Everything plan.

Last Updated:

1. AlwayzRight

AlwayzRight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So either way it is 69.99 a month....settle down folks.

Advertisement
    secretmethod70 likes this.
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I hope your screen name is accurate :)

Honestly depending on how you parse the sentence in that flyer, it can be taken both ways. It's the result of legal fine print style writing and I do hope you are right. It would be hard to get customers when they have to pay more money for something they may not be able to use or may only be able to use sometimes.

stevbl01 likes this.
  3. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

Hmm, can anyone confirm or deny this? Because I'd headed over here to vent on just this topic with my panties in a wad and all ready to gripe.

4. clickclack

clickclack Well-Known Member

I'm ok with $10 extra for 4G, why do we have to pay MORE for what we already have with 3G, that's the part that pisses me off if they up the fee...it's obviously taking the customer for a ride.

5. DaveG

DaveG Well-Known Member

I'm no grammar expert but I believe that if the $10 "bend over" charge was only for the $59.99 plan, the fine print would have a comma immediately after the words $69.99/month. Seems to me like we get charged the $10 "bend over" charge because we want the latest and greatest...

Thoughts?

6. gibsonhtp

gibsonhtp Well-Known Member

That's not what the email is saying. The $10 is a required add-on to the plans for the EVO 4G whether or not you are in a 4G area or not.

Attached Files:

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The way Sprint worded it, it could be taken either way to be honest.

8. AlwayzRight

Dude it is only for the 59.99 business plan for busines cutomers. The 69.99 everything data plan will not require a $10 add-on PERIOD.

SO Your plan will be the SAME price.

9. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

My guess is that the $10 applies to the $69.99 plan.
    This is directly from Sprint's PR

In order to provide the best experience, HTC EVO 4G will use Sprint's industry-leading Everything Data or Business Advantage Messaging and Data plans that include unlimited Web, texting and calling on the Sprint Network to every mobile in America with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM. Everything Data plans start at $69.99 per month. A $10 per month Premium Data add-on will apply allowing customers to take advantage of a richer data experience than ever before.

Sprint | News Release

And the wifi hotspot feature is $30 more on top of that

10. corrado7

corrado7 Member

and you know this how?

11. clickclack

I'm buying it either way, with or without the $10 plan, after-all it's just ten bucks but it diminishes my enthusiasm just a touch, it looks like they are just gouging consumers because they can. Especially for those who do not have 4g available to them.

The right move (or at least more sensible) would be to charge $10 extra for 4G and those that do not have it available to them pay the same price.

No big deal to me just annoying, btw I'm not sure if your premise is correct anyway, the presser is unclear IMO.

12. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Alright here's the statement through the e-mail:

..Everything Data plans starting at $69.99/month or Business Advantage/Messaging Data plans starting at $59.99/month, plus a required $10/month Premium Data add-on for the HTC EVO 4G.

Notice the comma placement. That would imply that the add-on is for both plans.

13. AlwayzRight

Only Sprint could fvvvvvvk this up. Way to go Sprint.

14. Jadien

Jadien Well-Known Member

Ummm.... Did I miss something? The leaked info says it's the same date plan requirement as for 3g and same cost.

15. gibsonhtp

Same data plans, just $10 extra for the 4G

16. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it's all confusion right now there might POSSIBLY be a 10 extra fee for the evo but DONT TAKE IT TO HEART, NOTHING was stated clearly so it's all speculation

17. gibsonhtp

The required $10 extra fee is in Sprints official press release and the email they sent out.

18. clickclack

People need to take a step back, this will all become clear in a matter of hours or at most day or two. There will be a clarification as the media and blogs will push for more info and it will all come into focus.

Could be getting all worked up for nothing!

19. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

It could very well be over nothing but leave it to sprint to screw it up by not being crystal clear from the start.

If it is true and the evo is $10 a month more I'm not sure it's worth it unless you have access to 4g. Thats adding another $120 to the cost of the phone per year. Sprint acts like they aren't hemorrhaging valuable post paid subs.

20. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

I just talked to a Sprint representative. I have the screen capture of our conversation. According to her, the $10 premium data add-on is OPTIONAL. But without it you wouldn't be able to use 4g. If someone could tell me how to add an image I will post it.

Attached Files:

21. DaveG

DaveG Well-Known Member

22. clickclack

I agree...if you are not in a 4g area and have to pay this extra $10 then on principal alone I'm a bit pissed, I'll wait for clarification though.

23. AlwayzRight

Hesse said on VIDEO that they will NOT be charging extra for 4g. That is a LIE..period!!!! Way to really piss alot of people off Sprint.

24. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member

It's $10. It's not gonna break the bank for anyone, and if you truly cant afford it, then dont get that phone or plan. Simple as that.

25. corrado7

corrado7 Member

it's the concept