The $10 Question

Last Updated:

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Hey All,

Sorry if this is been answered/clarified elsewhere. Will the $10 include the "Premium" Content (TV/Radio/Music), or is that AN ADDITIONAL $10?

If it's included - I will probably bite - if not - I may keep my crapberry for a while.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. hchristians

hchristians Active Member

FM radio was included by HTC, its free. Sprint TV is included in the Everything Data Plans, but the Evo can YouTube anyways and from what I'm hearing it has flash, so watching Hulu might be possible. Downloading from Apps like Pandora cost money, but you can load Music on an SD card and put it in your phone, and listen to it through there.

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i don't think that came anywhere near to answering his question...

DILands, i am not sure any one knows officially whether or not the 10 is required or optional, but im in a 3g area and know my rep very well, so if at all possible i'll get him to drop the 10, but if it requires it in the system for purchase than ill have to do it

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

FM radio is always free.
    My last 3 phones could use Youtube
    My last 3 phones had Pandora
    My last 3 phones could load music

Just saying...

5. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I also want to know if the premium data usage charge will mean I get the "premium" channels on sprint tv.

6. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member

If it does mean you can get the "premium" channels on sprint tv, then I think this pill would be a little easier to swallow

7. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Its safe to say that the content wont be handled any differently than any other media phone (like hte Pre)

This is nothing but a 10$ popularity tax. Nothing more.

8. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

DING! DING! DING!!! That's THE question. If the answer is "Yes", then it makes it a lot easier to swallow.

9. wndrshwzn

wndrshwzn Well-Known Member

$10 is for uncapped 3g/4g data usage in preparation for increased bandwidth the evo will need to perform as advertised.

10. MindTrainer

MindTrainer Active Member

I am, like most of you disappointed in the additional $10 charge especially since I live in an area with 3G only.

But if Sprint is truly going to give us unlimited data (I am tethering using easytether for my notebook) then I'm OK with it because we are getting something for our $10.

Now I have read on several threads that Sprint will lift this imaginary 5GB/month limit. I would really like to see an official source to confirm this. Anyone Please help.:confused:

Thank You.

11. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I wish they were going to give us the Premium TV data plan for our premium charge, but I don't think this is the case. I think we'll just have the basic, and can pay another $10 for the Premium channels.