• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the 2.1 update - loved the multitouch but..

Don't you guy notice that the Zoom button do auto column fit nicely..whereas pinch zoom just zoom..without aligning the text to the left edge and wrap the text nicely..when coming to forum browsing..the magnifying zoom icon work much better..

Pinch zoom is good for picture..not for forum browsing..

really? even the pinch to zoom on the eris auto-formatted/wrapped the text perfectly. how can the n1 not?

Upvote 0
yes but all i need to do is double tap. there's no need for the +/- icon

Don't you guy notice that the Zoom button do auto column fit nicely..whereas pinch zoom just zoom..without aligning the text to the left edge and wrap the text nicely..when coming to forum browsing..the magnifying zoom icon work much better..

Pinch zoom is good for picture..not for forum browsing..

Upvote 0
A simple double tap sometimes doing zoom out..to accurately zoom the desired level..holding on the Zoom icon the best...after getting correct zoom level..it will do the auto adjust..

Usually i will do double tapping..if the zoom level is still too small..i will tap and hold the zoom icon to zoom to desired level then let go finger..

Upvote 0
wow...I don't remember exactly how it was before WITH the Nexus One, but I don't remember being notified of newer market app versions I already had installed, so I had to visit the Android Market and go to "Downloads" to check it manually, but after update-1 I get notifications in the bar. Thumbs up to the improvement!

EDIT: I'd say the Market itself has taken a facelift :)

Upvote 0
I actually hate the 2.1 update. Sure it was nice to get pinch to zoom, but somehow they managed to fix the 3G-Edge fluctuation while utterly destroying 3G speeds.

Some days I love this phone and everything about it, other days I get really annoyed at Google for not being ready to support it. It's like their beta testers all lived in their little Mountain View bubble and didn't wander off the campus to see how this things works in real world situations.

I actually called Google's phone support this morning to discuss the issue and they have nothing useful to say and won't comment on any potential updates. According to the rep I spoke with, the post update-1 issues are isolated and they still need to collect data before an OTA will be issued.

So yeah, they are aware of it, but by no means would I expect another OTA update as soon as some have suggested.

Today I don't like this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones