The 3 sensors on the Moment could be...General

Last Updated:

1. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think the 3 sensors on the moment are a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor and an eCompass sensor.

I could be wrong, but these are my guesses.

What does everyone else think?

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

I think you got two out of three for sure. Not sure about the eCompass Sensor though

3. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell the left hold/sensor is the proximity sensor. It will detect an object when it's with about an inch of the screen.

The right sensor appears to be the light sensor. But either it isn't very good or the drivers for it suck. Either way it seems to be limited to two states, dark and light. It also takes about 15 seconds before it will change state.

I wasn't able to tell if the middle hole was related to either of the other sensors or if it was something different.

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I think the third one is a led. And by think, I mean I hope.

5. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

Even if it's not an LED, we do have the the home/menu/back buttons that can light up while the phone is off. If they were able to be hooked up to notifications that could alleviate the need for an LED.

Perhaps if Samsung never implements it, if we are able to root the phone and use modded roms, it might be possible to hook them up in the future.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Cup of coffee to the first person who gets out the old precision screwdriver and finds out for sure.:eek: I'll even spring for Starbucks.