the 3rd LED thingySupport

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so everywhere i've read sais one is light sensor, one is proximity sensor... what is the 3rd thing. is it an LED that just hasn't been put to use yet via samsung? everywhere i read has no conclusion for the 3rd lil guy

Advertisement
  2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

What exactly did you read? I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry, up by the sprint logo on the top, there seems to be 3 LED type things, one is a known light sensor, one is a know proximity sensor... i can't seem to find out what the function of the 3rd is and am just wondering if it is a notification LED that has not been activated by samsung on the current build.

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

We've been peculating on that thing since this phone was released. http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/14500-3-sensors-moment-could.html

I can't remember what the third one turned out to be... but it wasn't an LED:(

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

YouTube - IT'S TIME FOR THE PERCOLATOR!!

I'm sorry, but I saw that and for some reason that video just came to mind. It's lol-worthy.

On-topic, yes I personally think it's some form of a light source. It may not be however. It could be some form of radiation emitting diode that's scanning your brain and sending your thoughts to the guy in the white lab coat in some camp thousands of miles away from you. Watch your back for aliens.

I really need sleep, my thought process is becoming scattered, as is my typing accuracy. I've had to re-type at least half of this. o.o"

6. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Well-Known Member

It's the proximity sensor.

Or, more accurately, one of the "dots" is the photo-sensor and the other two are both the proximity sensor. The type of compact proximity sensors used in small electronic devices requires a pair of sensor locations.

Just look at the iPhone, or some of Canon's low-end DSLRs for other examples.

Clark

7. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

The proximity sensor has two elements, one to transmit and one to receive. If your face is up against the phone then the Rx side gets a signal and turns the screen off.

8. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

This is the answer I got from samsung's official techinical support.

"Dear *********

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the M900 does not offer a LED notification light. All new emails, missed calls or text messages show up in the notification bar. We do apologize for any inconvenience this presents
    Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System Automated Response System.

We do thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products

Sincerely Technical Support"

This is it. No led notication on the samsung moment. Oh well :/

9. condor12

condor12 Member

Thats to bad i think that a notification light would be really great.:(

10. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

I would much rather just be able to have the menu lights come on. Is that possilble to anyones knowledge? TIA

11. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

I remember seeing on the SDX Haxsung forum of a guy working on a program that does just that. I have not checked in a couple of weeks but maybe he has figured it out.

12. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

There's always FlashNotify in the market. It flashes your screen when you've missed a call or a text. You can set the interval between flashes and how long it flashes. It works quite well but it won't notify upon the arrival of email. In order for it to stop notification after a missed call you have to view the call log in the dialer.