6. signed_test_flash.zip
    7. ClockWork Mod Recovery
    8. Recovery Manager
    9. The Stock Rom in case you mess up the phone
    10. List Of Available ROMs
    The Method

1. Have The phone fully charged up.:D
    2. Enable USB Debugging.:cool:
    3. download flash_image.zip and unzip with winrar or winzip or similar app on your pc and copy the extracted file to the root of sdcard. Download signed_test_flash.zip and copy to root of sdcard (do not unzip)
    4. Place ClockWork Mod Recovery on the root of your memory card
    5. Install Universal Androot on your phone so that when you connect to ADB it has superuser rights.
    6. Install Recovery Manager on your phone to install the custom recovery
    7. Assuming You followed steps 1-6 correctly you now have to connect your phone to pc in USB DEBUGGING mode and NOT FILE TRANSFER MODE
    8. from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)

• su
    • mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    • cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    • chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    • mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)
    • flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-a60-gnm.img (or name of recovery.img)
    • sync

If you get permission related errors check your phone and hit ALLOW when prompted:confused:

Now Install ClockWork Mod Recovery via Recovery Manager
    If installation is successful you should now be able to boot into your newly installed custom recovery by holding the HOME key and pressing the POWER key.:cool:

If your phone gets stuck at the micromax logo it means that you failed to perform steps 3 to 8. It is absolutely compulsory for the phone to have the flash_image.zip and signed_test_flash.zip installed properly for the custom recovery to work.

Place any or ALL ROMS on your SDCARD and install them via custom recovery by selecting <install zip from SDCARD> and follow specific Instructions from your ROM post.:p

VIDEO RECORDING CAPABILITIES (increase) by harpayara

How To Install Apps On Your SDcard

(this not exactly installing them on sd rather making a symbolic link on the sd card)

1.download the file from here-[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

2.install the app

3.download the MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

4.install the above software on you computer

5.now connect the phone via usb to your computer and mount it....

6.start the partition wizard application on your computer

7.select the mounted drive

8.right click on the device and select resize

9.resize your sd card to a suitable limit and leave some unallocated free space

10.now select that unallocated space and right click and selct modify

11.now select the format option of ext3 from the drop down list

12.now come to the home window of th software and on the bottom left side you have an option called apply the pending changes,select that.

13.after the changes have been applied exit the application and then dismount the drive

14.power off the phone and then remove the sd card once and then reinsert it again and restart he phone

15.once you are done with that,start the application link2sd and then you are ready to go....link the application you see to you allocated ext2 partition .....

CAUTION!!!!

1.do not link any system app
    2.don't link widgets and home launchers like launcher pro or adw
    3.and don't link any antivirus app...

go on enjoy freeing up space in the internal memory

Written by borax12 @ xda-forums

Advertisement
    arnabghosh likes this.
  2. arnabghosh

arnabghosh Well-Known Member

hi...i am using micromax a60 and i root my phone using z4root...and i install the rom manager ....now tell me how i partition my sd card ...when i click partition my sd card.that show me to install clockwork recovery mod but.their is not list my phone model say me how i partition my sd card:eek:
  3. arnabghosh

anyone help me plllzzzz
  4. blaaze

blaaze Member

to install apps on your sd card(this not exactly installing them on sd rather making a symbolic link on the sd card)

1.download the file from here-[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

2.install the app

3.download the MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

4.install the above software on you computer

5.now connect the phone via usb to your computer and mount it....

6.start the partition wizard application on your computer

7.select the mounted drive

8.right click on the device and select resize

9.resize your sd card to a suitable limit and leave some unallocated free space

10.now select that unallocated space and right click and selct modify

11.now select the format option of ext3 from the drop down list

12.now come to the home window of th software and on the bottom left side you have an option called apply the pending changes,select that.

13.after the changes have been applied exit the application and then dismount the drive

14.power off the phone and then remove the sd card once and then reinsert it again and restart he phone

15.once you are done with that,start the application link2sd and then you are ready to go....link the application you see to you allocated ext2 partition .....

CAUTION!!!!

1.do not link any system app
    2.don't link widgets and home launchers like launcher pro or adw
    3.and don't link any antivirus app...

go on enjoy freeing up space in the internal memory

Written by borax12 @ xda-forums
  5. arnabghosh

How I unzip the flash image....:
  6. arnabghosh

how I unzip and copy to root of sd card
  7. blaaze

blaaze Member

use winrar or winzip to extract the contents of the mentioned file
    connect phone to pc in mass storage mode ad copy the files to the sd card.
    arnabghosh likes this.
  8. arnabghosh

how i copy signed_test_flash.zip to the root of sd card....can i make a folder
  9. djamir68

djamir68 Member

plz any 1 help me . deleted my amss file of micromax a60.now ma phone stucks on micromax logo(startup)guide me to reflash it help
  10. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

which file did you delete?
    djamir68 likes this.
  11. djamir68

djamir68 Member

sir ,
    i was trying to install custom rom for my micromax a60,then i com to know i hav 2 install custum recovery for dat ,then i rooted my phone installed custom recovery ,then ma phone was not able 2 restart in recovery mode ,it stucked on restarting ,so every time i have 2 remove battery to starrt it normally so ,one day i got "android tool" from xda forum and stock rom ,so i flashed first single " " "boot.img" s it flashed succesfully and restarted from dat day ma phone not showing charging status or pc connection , so day i tryied power key n call key combination n got into adb mode so ,i opened android tool (flashing) and selected ""ERASE"" AMSS,BOOT,SYSTEM,USERDATA,RECOVERY N REFLASHED STOCK ROM BUT STILL NOT WORKING HELP PLZZZ.
  12. arnabghosh

Anyone help me guys... Any one Try to partition their as card... In our phone.....i Rey to ext3 but when I put my memory card in phone then it show damage memory card.......
  13. djamir68

djamir68 Member

did u tried to format it wid FAT system it works ,i m using dat only:)
  14. arnabghosh

no ...how u done ....give the step ....I want to know
  15. arnabghosh

no...plz give the full step how u done ...I want to know
  16. dhanappal

dhanappal New Member

HI AM ALSO DID THE SAME, did u solve ur problem, pls share the solutions.
  17. dhanappal

dhanappal New Member

sir ,
    i was trying to install custom rom for my micromax a60,then i com to know i hav 2 install custum recovery for dat ,then i rooted my phone installed custom recovery ,then ma phone was not able 2 restart in recovery mode ,it stucked on restarting ,so every time i have 2 remove battery to starrt it normally so ,one day i got "android tool" from xda forum and stock rom ,so i flashed first single " " "boot.img" s it flashed succesfully and restarted from dat day ma phone not showing charging status or pc connection , so day i tryied power key n call key combination n got into adb mode so ,i opened android tool (flashing) and selected ""ERASE"" AMSS,BOOT,SYSTEM,USERDATA,RECOVERY N REFLASHED STOCK ROM BUT STILL NOT WORKING HELP PLZZZ.
  18. dhanappal

dhanappal New Member

sir ,
  19. dhanappal

dhanappal New Member

sir ,