The amazing self shutdown feature...General

Last Updated:

1. luckyone

luckyone Member This Topic's Starter

I love my G1, it has made procrastination so much easier(I'm a grad student). However, it lately seems to have a problem with staying on. It seems to restart/turn off when its charging sometimes or if I use the browser a lot. Its very warm to the touch when it happens. Is this normal or is my phone malfunctioning?

Advertisement
  2. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Luckyone, have you installed any new software recently? The reason I ask is that last week I installed Aloqa from the Market. I noticed that unless you go into settings and close, Aloqa will keep running. I noticed about half an hour later that my G1 was the warmest it had ever been. I suspect other programs with wireless connections may act similarly if not programmed to stop once the screen is off. If that's not the case, I'd ask my carrier for a new battery.

3. lockerocke

lockerocke New Member

GeoUSA, Aloqa released a new version in the Android market a few days ago. It works much better for me than the previous version. Now it uses only GPS if the app is running in the foreground, as far as I can tell. So give it another try.

4. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Thanks, lockerrocke. I recently did that, but still wonder why the app keeps running in the background. I may be missing something, but I would typically run this app when I'm looking for a restaurant, entertainment, etc. I can't see why I would keep it active all of the time. It's annoying to me when apps on the PC like to insert their icon on the Windows taskbar for no reason other than to promote their brand...