Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Phawx

Phawx Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    randy_c and FlyPenFly like this.
  2. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Woohoo. Thanks for the pic so this confirms 1900 3G.

3. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I am presuming that does not guarantee that AT&T will pick this up. No?

4. Phawx

Phawx Active Member This Topic's Starter

@ewingr

No, it's actually missing 850 UMTS band. For this phone to come to ATT in the US it would have to be 850/1900 on UMTS bands.

Luckily, 1900 is used in more than not. However, ATT is slowly pushing 850 for 3G, though it will take a good amount of years for that.

The phone has already been stated it's coming to the US. But they still have to change the radio. So it could go to TMo or ATT.

5. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

AT&T sucks anyways, hope they dont get it. JK!

at&t does SUCK bad! but if the phone comes out for all four US carriers then thats fine..

6. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet its only going to gsm carriers in America IE Tmo and AT&T or just T-Mo, AT&T is messing up android in all kinds of ways just to get the new iPhone.

From what I hear AT&T just decided to end unlimited data.

7. elchingon666

elchingon666 Well-Known Member

It needs 1700mhz band to work on T-Mobile's 3G....that's probably (I'm hoping) why it's coming later in August...

8. J13G

J13G Member

9. pablo.station

I might have read that one CDMA network (sprint) will get this phone but a WiMax version by the end of this year. I will try to find the article.

I dont really care for WiMax because in hot ass Arizona we wont see it until probably mid next year. T-Mobile will be fine for me just please god no at&t!

Here:

Clearwire to offer WiMax phones from HTC and Samsung this year

10. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Wow nice. AT&T really doesn't deserve this phone. T-mobile needs this phone to compete with evo and all the new droid variants

11. Loriolus

Loriolus Well-Known Member

I think tmobile doesn't deserve this phone. All it got going for are the lower prices, and as far as coverage....it got long ways to go to catch up to att or verizon.

12. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Verizon Overpriced

AT&T Android haters they absolutely do NOT deserve this at all yahoo on a GOOGLE phone?wth? it will be moto backflip all over again... No ability for 3rd party apps? crap I say.

Tmobile deserves a worthy phones all it gots going for it are low prices?? what? you say that like low prices are BAD! and coverage is by far much better than AT&T not to mention we don't screw over customers like any of sprint verizon or AT&T speaking of AT&T they just ended their unlimited data

Tmobile has one up'd AT&T a long while ago where have you been? all T-mo needs is a line up like verizon's and its the perfect carrier so long as prices stay low

13. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Really the fact that you say tmo needs to catch up to AT&T when they are the farthest behind is hilarious I hope you were joking.

14. Loriolus

I'm all for low prices but I would rather pay a little more and get a better reception. I'm not expressing an opinion....do a research....verizon and att have a much better coverage than tmobile. As far as carrier branding goes....I rarely use a branded phones. I prefer unlocked ones and Galaxy S has the appropriate 1900 umts band which att uses in my area.

15. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Hah it looks as if you need to re up on your research at&t even sucks for data and coverage nothing currently beats HSPA+ data 21mbps. Not everyone has money to just throw away may I remind you. of course verizon has better but at&t is in no way better than tmobile. Their data sucks Their prices suck and their devices suck. sure they have a slightly better coverage and I do say slightly as in the difference in coverage is near absent but then if coverage is all they have why are they considered better than tmobile who has better data, coverage, slightly better devices, and far better prices? and with tmo rolling in hspa+ its only a matter of time before that gap closes.

16. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

And for the record sometimes higher prices just means you are getting ripped the hell off (AT&T) Verizon on the other hand is not a rip off but AT&T? the greatest rip off in the cell phone industry aside from motorola's $1200 phone and the phone by ulyssesus nardin for $36K in gold.

17. pablo.station

at&t service is horrid where I live, funny because there are quite a few iPhones around here (must be jail broken). VZW, Sprint & T-mobile work well here. I would love the Galaxy S for Sprint as i wrote earlier but t-mobile will work just fine.

18. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

.. but when is it coming to tmobile? is it this july/agust or sometime in fall?

it should not be released that late, otherwise, people would probably lose interest by then.. why can't tmobile just announce when it will be released? i dont get it!

19. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah true that I hope it comes to tmo first at least if everyone is getting it.

20. Loriolus

This sucks that sucks.....rephrase those words with some facts. I've done my research, your turn is up.

21. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

i dont see why anyone would even argue about who is getting the Samsung S; i thought everyone knew how bad Samsung sucks at the smartphone game. heard of touchwiz? how about an update Samsung? no flash on the camera? WTF?

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

22. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah I know personally unfortunately but I might give them another try if they give a version with led flash to the USA. the specs alone make this worth while I do believe this would be the first android with fm radio if I am not mistaken. the 720p is a plus the rumoured 8gb on board memory is a plus as well even 2gb on board is more than enough for me.

23. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Possibly hype is the reason. tmo does needs to leak some info on the release date

24. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

if they add a flash and it gets rooted it could be one of the best

25. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

so what is this forum about now? which carrier is better?

ughh.. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.