wyndslash Well-Known Member

Gifts from family are usually the best:D

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

FIFY. ;)
    Nah, just kidding.
  3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Reindeer are another thing I hate about Christmas. Deer that fly REALLY Bad enough birds take a dump in the air do we really need falling poop from a deer. and just how fast would that fall not only mess your hair up but probably knock you out.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Deer leave little pellets that don't smell as deer are vegetarians. I have enough trouble with a freaking herd of mulies that inhabit the neighborhood. I've been chasing them with a battery operated garden blower. I wish they'd all move to the North Pole.

I've got a yard full of deer pellets. Want some?
    kct1975 likes this.
  5. huh

huh Well-Known Member

frickin mules!!!!!

you just made my day...:)
  6. huh

huh Well-Known Member

Oh you said mulies! whatever those are..:)

Mules is way funnier! especially shooing them with the garden blower!! mean Mules for real??either way....still
  7. zuben el genub

Mulies - Mule deer. Ugly buggers. They run funny. They do what is called "stotting"
    It looks like they are on pogo sticks. Tiggers bounce? So do mulies. Watching the whole herd do this is funny.

The problem is people hand feed the suckers and that's not legal. The deer come right up to you looking for a handout and I'm not feeding them. The only wildlife supported for feeding is birds.

BTW - they can clear an 8 foot fence.
  8. wyndslash

It's almost the end of the term and one of my students just emailed me begging for extra work. Too late. If she really wanted to pass she should have exerted effort from the start.
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

We have whitetails here and the damn things devastate the local vegetation. They are nothing but 200 lb. speed bumps on the highway.

10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I have some great memories of Christmas, thanks to a mostly functional family, and a great tradition of singing at Epcot (Disney World) with the Candlelight processional with my high school choir. Those were my best friends, we got to meet a cool celebrity each time (Andy Garcia and Gary Sinise were my favorites) and got paid with 4 Disney tickets for the night. I also got my first kiss on one of those bus rides home ;) (well, first one that actually meant something). And while college was some rough years, now that I have my own family, my own children to see so excited on Christmas morning, and my wife's family who are so loving and generous and accept me as their own, I can't find a reason to say Bah Humbug myself. Sorry, I guess I am off topic here :p
    damewolf13, argedion and wyndslash like this.
  11. lunatic59

I think many people would be jealous of your experience and that Christmas has become something special for you instead of the annual visit to the proctologist.
    damewolf13, argedion and Prinny like this.
  12. lunatic59

Oh lovely ...

Anti-smoking activist snuffs Santa's pipe in "'Twas the Night" rewrite

We'd better get some other groups involved too. He needs to drop 50 lbs because we don't want obesity heart disease and diabetes to be promoted to children. And speaking of children, here's an old guy sneaking into children's houses at night. He needs to placed on a community predators list.

Does he have a license for those deer? And I'll bet that fur on his red suit is real. Somebody call PETA and the SPCA.

How about I save them all the trouble and rewrite it now.

'Twas the night before Christmas
    and all through the house
    not a blessed thing was happening.

9to5cynic and argedion like this.
  13. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Nope, you mentioned Christmas, instead of some PC all inclusive title, ie Winter Holiday. And blessed has religious connotations. Almost got it though ;)
  14. lunatic59

'Twas December 24th sometime in the evening
    and all through the house
    not a frikkin' thing was happening.

.... better?
  15. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

No. Real Scrooges were up all night furiously counting all of the money they made by selling stuff on the internet to people who care more about a ridiculous shopping rush that happens every year.

And creating run-on sentences.
  16. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I TOTALLY agree with this. I'm disgusted by how it seems that each year the merchandising and greed is pushed harder and sooner, and giving thanks for what we already have gets forgotten in the rush to overshop and overspend and play the "gimme gimme" bit.

I do appreciate the spiritual aspect of the holiday, but don't like a lot of the cultural accretions having to do with material pressures.
  17. wyndslash

evening, folks :)
  18. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I sometimes have to remind myself "it's not a museum for saints, it's a hospital for sinners".

Being raised anti-faith can be a problem, too, especially at the level of bitterness and venom I saw in my family.
    argedion likes this.
  19. lunatic59

Morning Wynd, I think I'm going to have to get you a watch with the correct time. ;)
  20. wyndslash

hey luna :D

seanette: i don't think it's about faith. i don't think faith is very necessary in order to be kind to fellow humans :) maybe a bit of empathy.
  21. zuben el genub

I never started with Santa Claus. I used either the Italian Befana or the Spanish Los Tres Reyes Magos. I simply got tired of kids I WANT, I WANT. I told kid, you get what you get and give thanks for it.

Ya vien la vieja
    con el alguinaldo
  22. lunatic59

Good thing I don't believe in faith or that would be holiday blasphemy!
  23. lunatic59

Santa and helper

Attached Files:

24. wyndslash

25. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

how goes the bashing today??