The Bards Tale..?

1. miseryguts

miseryguts Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone here has this.. & if it's a port of the 2004 inXile version
    Does it play/look OK, run alright on a nexus 7..?

I had the original Xbox version, and whilst the gameplay was OK I seem to remember it has some of the most amusing dialogue ever in a game.

Cheers.

Advertisement
    :
  2. A55tronaught

A55tronaught Member

Bought it for my Galaxy S3 today it runs very smoothly and there is also a had edition thats 3.5gb for ur tablet. Its pretty well done imo
  3. Rhone

Rhone Well-Known Member

It runs fine on my Galaxy Nexus, so I'm sure it would work well on a Nexus 7. I didn't play the 2004 game, but from what I remember seeing about it, this is either the same game or same style (arpg with humor) game.
  4. razorracer83

razorracer83 New Member

This is the 2004 version of the Bards Tale, but you get the original for free for the PC. It looks beautiful and runs well on my TF300 tablet. Be warned, the Hi-Def option mentioned before requires a Tegra 3 device and consumes a massive 3.5 GB of internal storage space. Your Nexus 7 is a Tegra 3 device, so you can use the Hi-Def option. But the game itself is definitely worth the $5.95 I paid for it.
  5. CVL

CVL Well-Known Member

Runs fine on my Galaxy Ace 2 although haven't played it for more than an hour or so (too many other games to play heheh). Big plus is the option to install to external memory card should you want to.
  6. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

Does it have any new or extra contents? I already have the PC version, and do not particularly want to buy it on Android unless it has something new to offer.

For example: I had the PC version of King of Dragon Pass from the 1999. It was an awesome game, one-of-kind that has nothing else quite like it before and since it came out. Last year it was re-released for iPhone, which the iOS version has new contents, extra events, bonus features that are not in the PC version. That would be the only reason to re-buy a game on a different platform. I loved that game. The developer was not interested in making an Android version, so I am really tempted to buy an iPad just to play the new version.
  7. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

I just bought it an I'm waiting for it to download. I'm already liking it just by the fact it asked me where I wanted to install it (Storage, Internal or External). :)
  8. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

The Bard's Tale is 50% of right now.
  9. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

LOVE bards tale, bought it a week ago and can put it down.

I thought i read it supports controller via USB but cant get it to work, anyone else tried and go it working?
  10. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

this is something I would very much like to know.

Was looking for something to keep me occupied while i was waiting for vice city to be launched and came across this.

Would love it it supported a USB controller.

Can anyone answer this?
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It supports the Xbox 360 USB controller natively (without any external control apps)
    Netherdragon likes this.
  12. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

Cheers, good to know, any idea how it works with a ps3 controller?

Edit

nm found out sixaxis support was added in an update. Should realy read the game description ont he play store :p