The Bare NecessitiesSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-13 15:04:07
  1. WhiteMouse

WhiteMouse New Member

I recently rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (Android version 2.3.6) and I wanted to try and strip it of all these unnecessary applications that came pre-installed in it. I don't frequently connect it to the Internet, so I have no need for separate Apps like Maps, Email, Social Hub, Search, Talk and so on. I have seen that they can be uninstalled from Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, but I can't find the uninstall button.

I'm trying to bring my phone to a state in where it only has the bare necessities and no other processes that take up memory & use up the battery. The only things I plan on adding to it are apps for Internet Browsing security for the rare moments it does connect to a wi-fi and one or two other apps. I hate having my devices cluttered with things I don't use.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is anyone using a device stripped like so? And if yes, how would you say I am to uninstall & be rid of all these apps? I thank you in advance for any answers!

Advertisement