The battery cover wont close properly!Support

1. razorgamez

razorgamez Member

My battery cover wont close properly. The side with the camera will close, but the other side will stick out leaving a gap between the phone and the cover. Tried many ways to make it work and finally got annoyed and used tape to hold it.....any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Depends on the phone you have.
  3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

check that you haven't got any goo between the cover and the phone and assuming not, get it replaced under warranty
  4. informale

informale Well-Known Member

...photographs?
  5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I've heard about this once before, from someone who bought a Galaxy off eBay. It turned out that one of those little tabs in the cover was squished and wouldn't engage with the notch on the phone, causing the cover to bulge outwards.

Edit: Ah, here it is.

Try examining your cover tabs! Good luck.
  6. jimmyjamusa

jimmyjamusa New Member

TO ALL WITH BATTERY COVERS NOT CLOSING RIGHT: i've spent ALOT of money and time on this subject......i even broke out a micrometer/calipers to support my theory..... the problem is that even the best batteries SWELL just a smidge when charging and never fully return to original dimensions....droid has so cleverly utilized every square friggin' inch, there's no room for a hair!...swelling is more dramatic with a wall charger, and less so with a USB and computer.....a trickle charge is better with USB, i've found...less swelling and longer user times.....do your own research if you don't believe me!
  7. virginia123

virginia123 New Member

I think you are right, since my phone was OK until I charged it... :eek:
    Thank you for sharing this with the community! ;)