• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The battery cover wont close properly!

TO ALL WITH BATTERY COVERS NOT CLOSING RIGHT: i've spent ALOT of money and time on this subject......i even broke out a micrometer/calipers to support my theory..... the problem is that even the best batteries SWELL just a smidge when charging and never fully return to original dimensions....droid has so cleverly utilized every square friggin' inch, there's no room for a hair!...swelling is more dramatic with a wall charger, and less so with a USB and computer.....a trickle charge is better with USB, i've found...less swelling and longer user times.....do your own research if you don't believe me!

Upvote 0
TO ALL WITH BATTERY COVERS NOT CLOSING RIGHT: i've spent ALOT of money and time on this subject......i even broke out a micrometer/calipers to support my theory..... the problem is that even the best batteries SWELL just a smidge when charging and never fully return to original dimensions....droid has so cleverly utilized every square friggin' inch, there's no room for a hair!...swelling is more dramatic with a wall charger, and less so with a USB and computer.....a trickle charge is better with USB, i've found...less swelling and longer user times.....do your own research if you don't believe me!

I think you are right, since my phone was OK until I charged it... :eek:
Thank you for sharing this with the community! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones