1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

The Battery ParadoxSupport

1. tandy400

tandy400 Member

I realize a lot of people have their own battery woes, but this has just perplexed me: my wife and I both got the Captivate around the same time and for a while they performed similarly in battery life, but now that we have had them for a few weeks now, she can go two days without charging (light to moderate usage), whereas I'm down to 40% by the end of day 1 (moderate usage - and she is still up at 75-80%). She is running purely on default settings, with the occasional run of ATK. I have to run JuiceDefender/Plotter and did a fair amount of setting changes just to get even close to her battery life, and even then I'm not seeing two days without charge.

Is it possible that my battery just didn't "age" as well as hers?

The only other difference in our phones is that I have about 3x more apps than her, but it's not like they are all constantly running. Any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Closely compare the sync and background updating settings from app to app, widget to widget, along with GPS settings, etc.. with an eye toward the more autosyncing and updating, the more battery usage (email, weather, facebook, etc).

Also, have a look at her browser history and yours.

In addition, compare multimedia viewing and listening differences, as well, not to mention display brightness and ringer/sound volume levels.

Those all impact resource and battery life. ;)

And a hearty Welcome to Android Forums, tandy.
  3. DeerChaser

DeerChaser Member

Just swap batteries for a day.
  4. SlappyMcgee

SlappyMcgee Well-Known Member

Drain your battery all the way till it shuts off. Let it charge for at least 8 hrs overnight while its off. I did this a couple weeks ago and I saw a significant increase in battery life after doing so. The following day I was 63% after 16hrs of being unplugged. And since then, I have averaged that.

I have had my captivate since launch day and noticed that if I ever plug it in to charge and unplug it before its done charging my battery life sucks after doing so. So then I will allow it to charge while off and things are back to normal.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

6. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

Do you have your Wifi on and set to never sleep? When I have mine on it eats through battery like you wouldn't believe. When its off though I could easily get the sort of battery life your wife gets with light to medium use.