The BatteryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. K3Nyy

K3Nyy Member This Topic's Starter

I recently bought my G1 less than a month ago about a week into January. Today, my G1 suddenly died. I was using it before I showered and when I came back from my shower, it just died. I almost had a heart attack. The battery life wasn't near dead either. When I charged it, it didn't response, it didn't have the orange light where it usually had it. I tried turning it on too but that didn't work. Is there something wrong with my battery? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't die in less than a month. :confused: Help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

I would think if you did not get the orange charging light, there is something else wrong besides the battery. I would suggest calling customer service at T Mobile.

3. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

make sure the contacts on the battery are touching sometimes if I sit on my g1 the wrong way it resets because (i think) the contacts separate for a second.

4. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Is there a right way to sit on your G1? ;)

5. randel77

DSCF5195.jpg

nope:)

6. K3Nyy

Today, I took the battery out and put it back in. Then I turned it on, it worked fine. Then I went to bed and when I woke up today this morning, my phone didn't respond again. I tried charging it, turning it on with no luck. I never sat on my phone ever nor have I ever dropped it. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

7. randel77

well, you said it is less than a month old. I would exchange it, if your having problems this early in why chance it?

8. randel77

If you can't exchange it for some reason I would contact t-mobile, I've heard they will send you an extra battery for free.

9. K3Nyy

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to contact T-mobile first and exchange if they can't fix it. Thanks guys. =)

10. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

If it's less than 30 days old, you can insist they exchange it rather than send it away to be fixed.