The Beast 7.9 is out!!!

Last Updated:

1. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was going there to get 7.8 and bam 7.9 was there. Dang Pete ain't messin around lately!:D

Edit: the Thread still says 7.8. but inside is the patchier from 7.7 or 7.8 to 7.9 and of course an update.zip.

Advertisement
  2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I guess here we go, again.

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Thank god for the Update.zip he includes! lol I JUST installed 7.6 it seems like. I have more Nandroid backups because he rolls stuff out so fast. I'm not complaining...I'm happy to have quick updates...I just can't keep up! :D He builds these faster than I can install them lol

4. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

Yeah so here we go again ... :-D

5. YankeeDudeL

Well, my benchmarks more closely match 7.6 than when i was running at 1.1ghz. Currently running 1.2ghz and it's a lil early to call it stable. Oh, and I coulda swore the update information hasn't changed since 7.6. Anyone know specifically whats diff, or do I need to clean my contacts?

6. Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze Well-Known Member

Yankee, you have to now click on the link on the first page for the update log.

It's too bad the live wallpapers aren't interactive - but they're still pretty sweet.

7. YankeeDudeL

Of course I knew that, I just was..er..testing you. Yeah, lol. Thanks though.

Hmm...my build in my About Phone says Bugless Beast 7.8. I was prompted to check that when the change log said you can only OC to 1.1ghz and I'm still on 1.2. Said it was 7.9 in the headline...

EDIT: Yeah..I'm an idiot. Need to clearly read and not skim.

8. Decus22

They don't work with the stock home but they are working great with GDE.:p

9. Le0_Br4zUc4

live wallpapers are only interactive if you have launcher, without that no interactive wallpapers but launcher doesn't work properly, some bugs that makes it not be worth it for me.

10. Decus22

Or a home screen app that supports it. I have GDE and mine are interactive!:D

11. Le0_Br4zUc4

wow I didn't know about that, thanks for telling I'm going to try it since launcher it's full of bugs :-D

12. YankeeDudeL

Home++ has not played nicely w/ these and has been force closing way too much lately. Think I may play w/ the Launcher solely unless the wallpapers prove to be too buggy, or unless Home++ gets an update.

13. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Only difference I see is that Pete removed the 1.2 ghz slot. Which is okay since it wasn't very stable. Well for me at least

14. Le0_Br4zUc4

yeah I agree I never used 1.2 anyway ... everything else working well, no lags no issues so far!

15. Decus22

Make sure you empty all the home screens of everything before you install. There were a few people that complained of it being laggy. I removed everything before I installed it and it has run perfect for me.

the only thing GDE can't do is the Screen change animation like cube with an Animated wallpaper for some reason.:confused:

16. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

looks like another update is coming. facebook is not working for some people including me.

17. Decus22

That sucks I don't use it but I'm sure Pete will at the very least spit out a patch with the quickness. He is pretty much a RoM producing machine.

18. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

19. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

Since most nandroid back ups take up alot of space, cant you delete the old ones, or some of the old ones And keep say the last 3?or is that a bad thing, i have been deleting some of mine.

20. YankeeDudeL

I don't know if it's affecting this, but Facebook seems to be having issues altogether. Just going from my PC I keep getting error pages.

21. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Mine wasn't working either but all I did was logout of my account and then log back in and it works fine now.

22. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

just tried that and now it's giving me errors. facebook almost always has some type of problem.

23. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. It seems like every time I install a new rom I have to log out and then log back in and it works. By the way, I just went from 7.4 to 7.9 and I am loving this so far! I was overclocked to 800 but decided to take the plunge and go to 1000 and so far BEAUTIFUL! I love the live wallpapers.

24. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I am with UBRocked - I had just upgraded to 0.7.6....

Ahhh, well, according to his tweet, do 0.7.7 or 0.7.8 and then use his update...

25. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Okay so I had just upgraded to 7.6 and after trying 7.8, then updating to 7.9...I am back at 7.6 for a few reasons.

1) I was running at 1.2...and it's gone

2) Custom theme lost...don't want to do it again cause it wasn't easy...had to move files, use multiple themes, etc.

3) Facebook doesn't work...went back to 7.6 and my facebook app is working propertly...

4) I was running at 1.2...and it's gone (I know I already said that but damn...I liked 1.2) :D