The best Calendar app w/ widget?General

1. pcn2009

pcn2009 Active Member

I switched to helix and lost the HTC calendar that I like, what are the best replacements? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mothy

mothy Well-Known Member

3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I second pure calendar, and I also suggest pure grid calendar widget. For a free app that lists the actual event text on each day of the widget, try calendar pad.
  4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Do either of these show a full month calendar like the HTC Calendar (without agenda/events listed).
  5. hattrick

hattrick Well-Known Member

Pure Grid Calendar. I have it set to 4x3 widget which shows 4 weeks.
  6. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

I personally didn't like the pure calendar and went back to the HTC calender. I like having the whole month in front of me.
  7. gasolinev8

gasolinev8 Member

Pure calendar widget works great. It has different widget sizes allowing you to see events scheduled just a few days ahead or a full month. The best option for me is it can show timelines in different colors based on categories.
  8. libraryclg

libraryclg Well-Known Member

9. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

10. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

All of those are NOT as good, IMO, as

Calendar Pad

Free from the market. Very thorough widget. My only gripe is that it's not as customizable as I'd like, but I can look at a day, a week, a month, an agenda, etc. Lots of good options for layout, and sizes.
  11. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

None of these are any better than the OEM version. Look at the BB STORM calendar too see what a real calendar app should look like. (Too bad the STORM itself didn't work as well).

Maybe someone can replicate that.
  12. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I like Smooth Calendar widget, actually. Simple and to the point and, unlike the HTC calendar widget, it doesn't have the bug of showing all day events a day too early.

Smooth Calendar - Android app on AppBrain
  13. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

+1 for Calendar Pad
  14. mmckaibab

mmckaibab New Member

What I didn't like is that it doesn't provide an easy way to move from month to month. Uninstalled it and still looking for a decent cal app.
  15. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Android Agenda Widget has tons of customization. And if you use it with LauncherPro or ADW, it can be a scrollable widget to see many weeks ahead. I still haven't found a better calendar widget that let's me clearly see everything in my Google Calendar without having to select a date. Just scroll through and see them all. You can even have each event display the text in the same color it shows up in your Google Calendar.
  16. jpgoggin

jpgoggin Well-Known Member

I really like Jorte. It's free, lots of choices to customize and lots of widget choices.
  17. Boratz101

Boratz101 New Member

I recently tried Calendar One - Simple Calendar by Josty. And I must say that I love it. It's the most simple calendar out there and it's free.
  18. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

My favorite right now is simply the stock Gingerbread calendar. It doesn't really have a widget worth anything but the calendar is awesome.
  19. CELLP

CELLP Member

I am now using Weather Widget Donate . It's great!