1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

The BEST Free Notes App Right Now (26/12/2009)

Last Updated:

1. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Lots of Note app threads about, this is currently the best one on the market for me (Waaaay better than Note Everything). The thing that sets it apart for me, is the intuitive and easy to use interface. I fell in love with it after trying so many note apps that just didn't make me go "wow, I love this".

Note Me

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

No voice notes.

3. Cessna

Cessna Member

no password protection.

4. miqal

miqal Active Member

Evernote is the best! Give it a try. I think you may say "wow, I love this" again.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member This Topic's Starter

;)

I purposely made that thread title to get passionate responses :p

There is really no such thing as the best app for everyone (i.e. I dont need those features, but they are deal breakers for some), but hopefully I've gotten people to try out something new :)

EDIT: @miqal tried it as part of the research, it didn't give me the same feeling as Note Me, but thanks :p

6. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Evernote doesn't currently allow you to view your notes offline, unless they've changed since the last time I complained in their forums a couple of days ago.

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I don't get why there isn't a Notes app that works w/Google Docs...all I want is the ability to create notes on my phone or on Google Docs and have them sync seamlessly.

Gdocs is the closest I've found - it can read docs in my Google Docs, download them, allow me to edit them, upload. No real sync, though. (There is a sync add-on but the market comments on it are pretty brutal...) You can view them in original format w/out downloading them (though embedded images don't display), if you download them to edit, then you eidt them as text only. Pretty nice...free.

There's also Gdocs Notepad, but it's sync after editing seemed to get hung up (thought it did sync, it stayed on the "syncing" dialog until I finally hit back), and it won't provide a list of Gdocs folders (you have to enter them one at a time as the current folder setting, rather than browsing through a folder list as you can in Gdocs).

3Banana looks like it would be the best of the bunch (forgive the pun) but it has its own sync web site, doesn't use Google Docs...

8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I personally use "Melon - Note pad" which I find very good for what I need. I love the add toast and add seed feature where it allows you to view your note in the notification bar and even a note when your phone wakes. :)