1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

The best gym/training apps?

Last Updated:

1. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using cardio trainer to log my running and it's great but I've noticed quite a few others out there.

Also.... I want to log my exercises in the gym. I've just installed WorkitOut, which seems good but basic. I've had a look at FitSync but it seems to need an internet connection and I don't get a signal in the gym.

I've also installed Calorie Counter which is great for logging food.

Advertisement
  2. kanga

kanga New Member

yea mate workitout is way too basic. with fitsync you just need the net to download yur workouts and upload ur weight and reps. Been using fitsync for a while, its a pro grade app, all the trainers at my club use it. 4get workitout and all the other toys mate, i've looked at em all - fitsync is the real deal.

3. brittas

I've taken another look at fitsync, as I didn't realise you can do the bulk of the work (creating workouts) on the website.

I took my phone to the gym, but fitsync wouldn't even start as there's no signal in there!

It's not a massive issue as I'm not 100% convinced I want to take the risk of my Hero being smashed by a dumbbell in there anyway!

I'm going to record my workouts on it for a week or so and see how it looks.

4. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

Any feedback on this? I'm interested to know how it worked for you.

5. NewYorkLaw

NewYorkLaw Well-Known Member

If you're running/walking/skating/biking, you might want to check out sportypal. It tracks your workout, lets you upload to their site (and facebook/twitter) and track your progress.
    Pete

6. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I don't use an app, I use the website DailyBurn.com. They have a mobile friendly version, too, so it loads easier/faster. It does exercises, nutrition and I believe it has some more goodies for "Pro" users, but the free stuff is just fine for me.

7. brittas

FitSync was a great app, but just too much hassle creating the workouts. I prefer my notebook at the minute. I also worry about dropping something on my phone or losing it, so it stays in my locker for now!

Regarding the running apps, I did like SportyPal and used it for a while, but I've gone back to CardioTrainer now.

Since they fixed the music integration on the hero, it's worth it for that alone. Not having to fiddle about starting my music playing, then starting my run logging at 6am on a cold morning is invaluable!!

8. kilikas

kilikas Active Member

Something new and interesting that comes with Sportypal on the new version is the voice feedback [​IMG]

9. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

I have downloaded SportyPal on my Eris, but I was wondering, does this do well for indoor on a treadmill? I have not had enough good days to change my running to outside yet and do all my treadmill work in the morning before work. Just curious if it works on a treadmill or do you need to actually move your location for it to register?

10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy Well-Known Member

Check out GymBook too.

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I use gymtechniks mobile site, the best by far. Give it a go it works great while in the gym. They are also looking into creating an android app :)

12. PeterPen1

PeterPen1 New Member

There's another nice in the market called Jucybat Sport Log that allows having not only a gym-related exercises, but anything you want, like swimming, cycling, etc